cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network connections

Jude2
Dialled in

I've just had a V6 box installed, I have checked the system status, it updated to the network Successfully yesterday, and the next attempted connection isn't due until today at 14.00. Does the V6 box only update daily, because tivo updated roughly every 6 hours? Is there a way of getting scheduled updates every 6 hours or so? Not 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All TiVo & V6 boxes should connect automatically every 6hours. You can force a manual connection anytime you like, using "Connect to VM services now" at the bottom of the screen.

When you say you've just had it installed - how so? It sounds like you've swapped from TiVo > V6?

It's entirely possible that that - being a new install - the box is perhaps slower at updating before then settling down.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All TiVo & V6 boxes should connect automatically every 6hours. You can force a manual connection anytime you like, using "Connect to VM services now" at the bottom of the screen.

When you say you've just had it installed - how so? It sounds like you've swapped from TiVo > V6?

It's entirely possible that that - being a new install - the box is perhaps slower at updating before then settling down.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes that's right I had a problem with my tivo an engineer came and then swapped for a v6 only had it yesterday, so when I checked this morning to see the network was connecting ok I noticed that after the original network successful attempt the next one isn't due until later today.

Thanks for your reply and update, Jude2, glad to hear that the technician has swapped the box for you. 

Cheers,

Corey C