cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix

patsyb1
Joining in

We cannot get Netflix on our V6 box. Error message comws up AO1 then V312. It suggest we contact virgin but that seems impossible right now.

It works pefectly on every other device and Amazon works fine on the V6 box. Netflix however just won't load. Have tries every trick posted on here and none of them work. We are on the top service so it is a little annoying that that we cant watch Netfix on our main TV.

Any help greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not a known issue, there's been a few older threads about it.

Has it ever worked before, or has it only been a problem recently? And if so, how recent?

As for calling VM, if you choose the fault options, try not pressing any further options and just waiting on the line- you should join the faults queue.

VM staff do respond on here, but it's not a real-time support service and it may take them a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As a first point, you mention trying "every trick" on here, but unless you can be a bit more specific about what you have tried, it's tricky to advise further.

Error code help gives you some advice, although I concede it's not Netflix-specific.

Some other things to also clarify - how are you trying to access the app? Are you finding programmes in the EPG that are on Netflix, and pressing "Watch now"? Or are you navigating to the app in the apps menu and trying to load it from there?

Does the Netflix menu load, or is it just kicking you straight out? Have you tried restarting your box via Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart?

You've already mentioned that Prime works ok, so that's the V6's internet connection proven ok.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

When I key in the error code it says to contact Virgin. Not particularly helpful as the phone line refers you back.

Have tried acessing from the EPG and the App and get the same message. Either AO1 or V312. It tries to load and then kick into the error message immediately. Tried restarting, clearing programmes and resetting, and all the other suggestions that are menu based. Tried disconnecting the Virgin cable and cutting off everything and rebooting.

Yes everything is working fine and very well. It is just the Netflix channel on the virgin box that won't load. Like I said Netflix works fine on all other devices.

Is this a known problem? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not a known issue, there's been a few older threads about it.

Has it ever worked before, or has it only been a problem recently? And if so, how recent?

As for calling VM, if you choose the fault options, try not pressing any further options and just waiting on the line- you should join the faults queue.

VM staff do respond on here, but it's not a real-time support service and it may take them a few days.

have a read through this. some solutions worked for others with the V312 error

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Netflix-App-v312-error/td-p/3373471

Thank you for all the help. Much appreciated.

I seem to remember it did work when we first installed the V6 box but only for that day or maybe until it restarted the first time. Then been like this ever since which is quite a few months now.

Will try calling again and staying on as you suggest.