cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix sound cuts out

Mavs82
Tuning in

So, I have a Virgin TV V6 box which has been working fine since installation back in the summer, but has developed a fault over the past few weeks. 

When watching Netflix (and only Netflix!), the picture cuts out for a few seconds after about a minute or so of watching, and when it comes back, it usually comes back with no sound.The only way to get the sound back is to exit Netflix and return to the Home menu - and sometimes even that doesn’t work and the box needs a soft reset. On these occasions, once the sound has gone, the sound is gone on TV also, which means I can’t get any sound without a soft reset. We’ve tried Netflix on other devices and have no issues so it has to be the box.

Today, it got to a stage where no matter what I did, the sound and picture cut out at exactly the same point in an episode - just as something vital to the plot was revealed! So annoying! Any help please?!

5 REPLIES 5

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Mavs82,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with Netflix at the moment, its really strange that this would only happen on Netflix and no other applications.

I have looked into our system and can see that there is an issues with the signal is going into your box and that would need a technician visit to resolve, the technician maybe able to replace your box to fix the sound issues with Netflix

If you want me to get that booked, I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about this on your online account by clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks. I’ve just checked an no appointment showing up at the moment, but I’ll keep an eye on it.

Hi Mavs82, thanks for getting back to us.  

Are there any updates from your side?  Have things improved?

Regards

Lee_R

Engineer attended Friday and did some techy stuff. All seems to be working fine now. Thanks.