cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix not loading

ccesar
Tuning in

Hi all,

For the last week or so, I've not been able to access Netflix via it's channel (ch. 204) or via the VM app.  Both the Prime and Youtube channels work fine and I am able to access Netflix through my phone and other devices.

When I select the Netflix channel and press the red button, the screen goes black. Normally it would then ask which account I wanted to use (mine or the child account), but it just chucks me back out to the channel (advertising some programme or other).

Any tips/suggestions much appreciated

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Eeeps
Well-informed

The Netflix account information is stored on the V6.

Try deleting this (Settings->system Info->Netflix Account)

Then try again. You'll need to login to Netflix so make sure you have your account details to hand

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Eeeps
Well-informed

The Netflix account information is stored on the V6.

Try deleting this (Settings->system Info->Netflix Account)

Then try again. You'll need to login to Netflix so make sure you have your account details to hand

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to answer.  I deleted the Netflix info (the menus were worded slightly differently to the ones you provided) and tried to access it again.  Channel 204, pressing red button. Unfortunately I get the same outcome: Advert for The Crown [press red] > screen goes black for a second or two > I get The Crown advert again...

I'd rather not have to reset my box and lose all my saved programmes, so any tips much appreciated!

Thanks again

Have you tried accessing it through the Apps & Games menu rather than the channel?

Yep, I go to: Home > Apps & Games > All Apps > Netflix and get the same outcome

OK. Let's get so information about your setup.

How is the V6 connected to your network. Can you run a speed test from your V6 for us.

Help & Settings -> Help then go to the icons on the top and scroll right to Speed Test.
(Once finished press the play button to display the actual speeds measured)

When you deleted your account information I assume the app started so that you could enter your account details?

I can't think it's a problem with your setup but your only other option would be to reset the box to factory defaults which will delete all your recordings.

Hi,

Thanks again.  The network connectivity is via wifi (wifi hub about 30 cm from the V6 box).  Speeds are 107.6 Mbps DL/10 Mbps UL

No, unfortunately when I logged out of Netflix using the guide you provided, the only thing that changed was that I now no longer have the option to delete my Netflix log on.

Beginning to look like a reset (which is rather frustrating!)

Thanks a million for your help on this. Much appreciated!

Really sounds like the Netflix application is corrupt on your box. If it's not asking to login it's failing very early on.
It would be great if you had a delete or re-install option (may be the forum team can force that somehow)

On that, I have noticed that the apps disappear if you have a network problem and the box does one of it's regular VM service updates.

At the risk of screwing other thing up you could try the following ...

1. remove the WiFi network credentials (or turn off your router's WiFi).
2. Perform a forced VM service update using the menu settings->network->connect to the vm service
3. wait for this to fail and reboot the box with the WiFi disconnected. Check if apps are present.
4. Re-establish the WiFi, reboot again and the do the connect to the vm service.

Thanks again.  I'll wait to see if the forum team are able to offer any suggestions before I potentially throw a spanner in the works!

Failing that, I'll try your suggestion!

Much appreciated

Good Morning ccaesar,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

Sorry to see this hasn't been picked up sooner, and that you're having an issue with our Netflix application.

Can you please advise me if you've been able to log into the application since your most recent post?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn