cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix error Nw-2-5

Ninotschka
On our wavelength

Almost every time I try to log in (press the red button) on channel 204 Netflix, it gives me the Netflix logo and a circle below while it's trying to connect and then gives me a NW-2-5 error. Rebooting the V6 box usually resolved the issue or going to 'more info' and checking the connection where it tries to connect to the Netflix servers. This fails but afterwards it almost always works. 

I have 2 V6 boxes in the house, one connected via WiFi and one connected via ethernet directly to the router and both have this issue so it's not caused by the WiFi signal. Amazon Prime Video works every time on the V6 boxes.

Could you please help me to resolve this? It has been like this for many months now. 

Thank you 

68 REPLIES 68

Been having this issue for months, Virgin completely unable to resolve, not bloody good enough moving to Sky....

Hi @steviespitfire  thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with accessing Netflix via our set top boxes.  Can you please advise which box or boxes you have?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee, 

It's a V6 box, been an issue for over a year now, keep being told to reboot box change video settings etc, will work for a day or so and then stop. I use Netflix on the Firestick now.. no issues at all. 

Cheers 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @steviespitfire 

Are you able to let me know, are you able to let me know if you are accessing Netflix directly though the app on your V6? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi,

Yes directly from App on V6, get the spinning wheel of death for 3 minutes or so then the error NW-2-5. Prime works with no bother. Netflix works OK from Firestick and Smart TV.

Regards 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming that. 

I have raised this to be investigated further.

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

Thank you Zak. 

Good Morning guys and girls.

You can possibly guess why I am on here, yes I am now getting the Netflix wall of death followed by the unable to connect to server NW 2-5. (Only been getting this the last three to four days though). However guess what I am not going to do, and that is get the ran around by Virgin Media by doing this and doing that. Like everyone else, it works after a cold reboot (not always, but mostly), but I am not going to be doing this every single time I want to watch Netflix. My Amazon Prime and You Tube apps via virgin media work absolutely fine, so it can only be the platform on virgin that has a major bug, as my Amazon fire stick and roku platforms work absolutely fine. Guess I wont be using virgin to watch Netflix.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @keithy007,

Apologies that you've had the same issue. As advised we are investigating this possible issue with Netflix on our platform.

Glad you have been able to use a work-around.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide