cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix error Nw-2-5

Ninotschka
On our wavelength

Almost every time I try to log in (press the red button) on channel 204 Netflix, it gives me the Netflix logo and a circle below while it's trying to connect and then gives me a NW-2-5 error. Rebooting the V6 box usually resolved the issue or going to 'more info' and checking the connection where it tries to connect to the Netflix servers. This fails but afterwards it almost always works. 

I have 2 V6 boxes in the house, one connected via WiFi and one connected via ethernet directly to the router and both have this issue so it's not caused by the WiFi signal. Amazon Prime Video works every time on the V6 boxes.

Could you please help me to resolve this? It has been like this for many months now. 

Thank you 

68 REPLIES 68

Hi bonzoe,

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear you're having this issue. 

Can you try the above tips my colleague has sent across?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

mattclarkradio
Joining in

Same here, please fix it. I pay a lot of money for the sub par V6 box. And no I don't need to do a speed test. Or any other generic tests that are nothing to do with the problem.

Hi Mattclarkradio.

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting, Sorry that your'e experiencing issues with Netflix.

We understand that you don't want to try the generic but sometimes these can resolve the issue.

Have you tried rebooting your box at all? If you have did it make any improvement?

Also how are you connected? Is it through a wireless or wired connection?

Please let us know so we can assist your further.

Kind regards Jodi

Bash5150
Tuning in

I have the same issue. Only thing that fixes it is a reboot, YouTube, Amazon all work fine. It is clearly a Virgin Netflix bug

PCguru
Joining in

Hello,

many things can cause this error, but you can try to fix by connecting through a wireless router that's connected to your modem and still can't connect after restarting your network, try bypassing the router. This will help identify what's causing the problem by eliminating the router or wireless connectivity problems as a possible cause.

1. Turn off your device.

2. Plug your device directly into your modem using an Ethernet cable.

3. Unplug your modem from power for at least 30 seconds, then plug it back in and wait until no new indicator lights are blinking on.

4. Turn on your device and attempt to stream again.

If this step gets you streaming again:

• If you've bypassed your router and successfully connected to Netflix directly through your modem, it's likely that the router itself is the source of the problem.

• Bypassing the router will allow you to stream for now, but if this configuration isn't a perfect solution, you may want to contact whoever set up your home network for help resetting or re-configuring your router settings.

If you're still not able to stream:

• If you're connected directly to your modem and still can't stream Netflix, you may want to check with your equipment provider to make sure your modem and internet service are functioning as intended.​

If you were unable to complete this step:

• We strongly recommend attempting to connect your device directly to your modem if you can -- it will allow you to absolutely rule out your wireless router as the cause of any network connection issues. However, if there's no way for you to directly connect your device to your modem, continue troubleshooting below.

If still have error read 2020fix guide with more fix options 

https://geeksadvice.com/ways-to-fix-netflix-nw-2-5-error-2018-guide/

As I've said, it's not a connectivity issue as the TiVo is connected directly to the modem and YouTube and Amazon prime work fine. It is a TiVo/Netflix bug

I have just spoken to Virgin Media. As I was having the same issue. Very Helpful chap. Unfortunately as I was discussing the issue it rectified itself. The recommendation was in future to sign out of account and sign back on. If that doesn't work then to get back in touch to get a new TIVO box. Don't know if this will help but a bit different advice compared to the incredibly condescending and unhelpful posts from the forum team as the are quite clearly not reading the posts from people.

amonline
On our wavelength
Not to be rude, but perhaps you and your VM colleagues could READ the comments that many people have made?
1) Most if not all are experiencing the exact same situation whereby they are regularly getting this NW-2-5 Error when trying to connect to the Netflix app via their V6 box however running the Speed Test on the V6 box returns a thumbs up saying the connection is suitable
2) Other streaming apps such as Amazon Prime connect and stream without issue.
3) Changing the resolution settings does not resolve the issue for people (and would not be a suitable solution anyway.)
3) Generally speaking completely restarting the V6 box will resolve the issue but only for a day or so before it returns to the same error.
4) Obviously it isn't a solution to the problem to have to go through a complete reset and restart of the V6 box every day just to make use of the Netflix app on a V6 box

Given this information could you please look into why a suitably internet connected V6 box regularly fails with this error when trying to make use of the Netflix app.
The Virgin Media V6 box was advertised and sold on the basis that it was "Built for Apps" yet one of the few major apps currently made available on it fails to work on a near daily basis, and new apps such as Disney+ are not being added. If VM are not going to take ownership of this problem and provide a permanent solution then there's very little which will be holding people to stick with VM at the end of current contracts.

Good Morning amonline,

Thanks for your post, sorry to see this has been an issue for you.

I've attempted to find your account to look into the set top box stats and to also see if there are any outages that may have been causing this issue for you, but I've not been able to find this.

Can you tell me if you've ever reported this to our team via our call centres? Can you also tell me if you've been made aware of any outages that may itemise this as an issue?

Kindest regards,

David_BN

hi, alas we too have incountered the same issues for so long..

it works everytime on my Amazon fire stick. i am actually contemplating closing my virgin account and just use Amazon. no issues at all with them.