cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix error Nw-2-5

Ninotschka
On our wavelength

Almost every time I try to log in (press the red button) on channel 204 Netflix, it gives me the Netflix logo and a circle below while it's trying to connect and then gives me a NW-2-5 error. Rebooting the V6 box usually resolved the issue or going to 'more info' and checking the connection where it tries to connect to the Netflix servers. This fails but afterwards it almost always works. 

I have 2 V6 boxes in the house, one connected via WiFi and one connected via ethernet directly to the router and both have this issue so it's not caused by the WiFi signal. Amazon Prime Video works every time on the V6 boxes.

Could you please help me to resolve this? It has been like this for many months now. 

Thank you 

68 REPLIES 68

I had the same problem yesterday and today.

A reboot of the box fixed it, will see how it goes.

All other Apps work fine.

Hi Ninotschka,

Thanks for coming back to us. One box is coming back as unreachable due to it being on standby so cannot run tests on this. The other is fine from our side.

How are they connected to the internet please?

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John, 

Yes one box is off. They don't stay on all day I have them set to turn off after a couple of hours. 

As I said in my original post, one is connected via WiFi and one via ethernet. Both habe the same problem.

I tried this with the hub as a standalone router and also with the hub in modem mode and with mu own router but the problem stays the same. 

Thanks for coming back to me. Would you be okay to allow the boxes to not turn off whilst we do this? As we need the boxes to be active for us to run tests.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John, 

I've changed both to always stay on and they are both on right now. One of the boxes is connecting to Netflix at the moment, the other one is not and bringing up the Nw-2-5 error 

I'd say 9 out of 10 times they fail to connect without a reboot and this has been happening for some time so its not a new thing

Thanks for doing that. Try this;

Change the video resolution on the STB box by navigating to Home > Help & Settings > Video Output > Video Output Format

1. If 2160p (only) is enabled, also enable 2160p passthrough, then retry Netflix.
  2. Disable both 2160p resolutions, and enable both 1080p resolutions, then retry
  3. Disable both 1080p resolutions, and enable 1080i, then retry
  4. Disable 1080i and enable 720p, then retry
  5. Disable 720p and enable 576p, then retry
  6. Disable 576p and enable 576i, then retry

Then if that's not sorted, do this;

Perform a Speedtest using the V6 Speedtest App located at -

Home > Help & Settings > Help > Our Other Products > Broadband

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Hi John, 

Thank you for your reply. 

I've tried all the resolutions from 1080p onwards (my TV isn't 4K) but the problem persists.

The speed test says the connection speed is suitable for TV.

As I mentioned, amazon prime video works fine every time I try it and Netflix also works fine on my phone, app on one of the TVs, fire Stick and chrome cast so it's only the V6 boxes with the Netflix issue. 

Thanks for coming back to me.

It's saying now as you've tried them you'll need to speak to the FMS team. I've left full notes on the account, please do call the team on 151 // 03454541111. Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Hi Ninotschka

Just wanted to know if you eventually resolved the issue, I read your whole post, it's like a mirror image of my life right now lol 

Hi Mustafa!

Lol I feel your pain but I have no good news for you I'm afraid. I called and the person I spoke to didn't know what the FMS department was and I gave up after being transferred around the place. A couple of my friends have Tivo and the same issue so I know it's not just us but they haven't been able to get it resolved either. Maybe just put up with it until we can switch to Sky lol