Menu
gerrycarney
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Netflix crashing at 24% on V6 box

Hi,

I can see other people have similar issues but I can't find a response that I can do myself so here goes......

For the last few weeks, when accessing Netflix, it buffers and hangs at 24%.  I can get out and back to the main screen but when I try to load again, I get the "one moment please" spinning wheel which hangs indefinitely until I hard reset by switching off and back on again.  It then seems to work for a day or so.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.....G

NeilH1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix crashing at 24% on V6 box

Cannot help, I'm afraid. Mine does exactly the same and I've been following the other posts from users with the same issue. Just waiting for a fix now. The problem is though, that if Netflix crashes the box whilst recording something else, the recording is compromised. Fortunately, I have an Amazon Fire Stick, so if I'm recording something on V6, I watch Netflix on the Firestick so the recording is protected. Shouldn't have to do that though.
Sneekyb
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I experienced this same issue this week.
0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I get exactly the same thing more often than not. Definitely about 75% of the time.
It's becoming so useless that I have to check if I am recording as I am more than likely going to have to reboot the box when I try and use Netflix.

Too many reports of this not to be another bug. Highlighted more by the free 6 months they have been dishing out. Not exactly a nice welcome to Netflix
0 Kudos
deans6571
Super solver
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

...this is definitely a weird issue as I have also experienced this issue in the past whereby Netflix hangs at around 24% and the ONLY resolution is to switch the box off (via the on/off switch at the back) and on again (when it hangs, no other button presses work on the remote so you cannot simply just click 'Home' to get back to live tv).

Strangely though, this issue just disappeared for me - I haven't seen this issue on my box for months.

Yonny1975
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I’ve literally just had this issue. Only been with VM for 3weeks. Seen a few posts but no sign of an answer from anyone though.

Hardly an impressive start! VM’s service seems so glitchy. If I was still in my ‘cooling off’ period I’d seriously consider sending it back.

Got a feeling my relationship with VM may be a short one!
0 Kudos
mistermattwrigh
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi, my virgin box also does this when I try and launch netflix. It climbs very slowly to 24% and will not progress further. The box then completely crashes and have to restart the box completely by turning off at the back and on again. It is highly frustrating since I watch a lot of Netflix and also am scared it will miss a a scheduled recording. Please could the technicians in Virgin look at this. Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry for the trouble this has caused.

Our technicians are aware of the issue with Netflix and are currently investigating. We'll update the Community on this as soon as we can.

In the mean time, you can reboot the box to clear the fault.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Darryl82smith
Just joined
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Any update Josh?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Darryl82smith,

No update on this yet.

This is being looked into by ourselves but also by Netflix as it seems to affecting multiple platforms. we'll get an update out as soon as there is any change.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos