Menu
Andy_J
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Netflix crashing V6

This problem with the V6 box is driving me mad.

I have had my V6 box for some time now with no problems but in the last few weeks every time I use Netflix it crashes the whole box.

Try and watch something on Netflix and it starts a sloooooow count to 25% and then hangs. I can stop and try again but still the same. Try and come off Netflix and the V6 box freezes. Happens no matter what time of the day (or day of the week) I try and watch Netflix.

I then have to unplug the box and allow it to go through its lengthy reboot process. Netflix works until the next time I use it and then I have to repeat the process.

Any help gratefully received before I throw the box out the window!!
0 Kudos
Miguel
Tuning in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix crashing V6

Same situation with me also, was fine for a couple of months s started last week.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy_J,

Thanks for taking the time to post and I'm sorry to learn that you're having problems with Netflix.

I have checked your V6 box and it's currently showing offline so I'd just like to confirm if it's switched on at the moment?

Looking forward to hearing from you 

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Miguel,

Welcome to the community.

I'd like to run some diagnostics but I'm unable to locate your account at the moment.

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will find another message from me requesting further information.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me with your details Miguel,

I have checked your V6 and it shows that its been online for over a week.

I have sent a signal down to the box so please reboot by the mains and let me know whether it's still happening when it loads up as we may need to arrange for an engineer.

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Andy_J
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose_B

It’s switched on now and I’ll leave it on until I hear back from you.

Many thanks.

Andy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me Andy,

Checking the signals I can see there are some issues that I would like an engineer to take a look at so I'm just going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
NMJToolbox
Dialled in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

We have exactly the same issue. It started about 4 days ago and has happened twice now.  Select a show on Netflix to watch, it buffers to either 20 or 25% and stays there.  If you come out of netflix and try to go not through channel 204 but from apps we get the 'one moment' screen but nothing else.  The box will be unresponsive from that point, the screen sometimes goes black and nothing works.  The box does not respond to the remote.

The only solution is to pull the plug.

Tip of the Day: Don't eat yellow snow.
0 Kudos
Miguel
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Problem disappeared for a bit but has reoccurred requiring a full reboot inc switch off.

Any sign of a firmware update to resolve this?
0 Kudos
pinky333777
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I need help too please.
I'm experiencing a similar issue.
Trying to watch something on netflix, the video begins to play but then crashes until 5 minutes or so later the box resets itself.
It's happening repeatedly.
Also once playback has begun I'm unable to use any controls on the remote. It just continues to play for a minute then crashes. It also crashes if I press nothing.
Extremely frustrating considering the cost of virgin media and netflix!
I do hope the problem is resolved swiftly.
0 Kudos