cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix constantly crashing on Tivo

Barzey
Dialled in

We have been having the same problem too (on the 500 Service) I've got 3 V6 Boxes but only use the Netflix on the main Lounge one. As you say their silence is deafening if not complete & utter incompetence and ignorance.

Just how many times does everyone have to keep re-booting & re-setting their boxes and equipment? Its just ridiculous to try and carry on like that and that is all that VM can and do offer. Calls are unanswered usually, but if for once you actually manage to get through your are either:- (1) Cut off after explaining fully your problem. (2) Put on standby which they never come back. (3) They put you through to another department to deal which just rings and rings and is  NEVER answered, sometimes you get a automatic reply referring you back to the very start again! (4) Told that they will call you back - they never EVER do. (5) Blame your equipment - which is always their golden patented main fall back which in my case been thoroughly checked & tested.

Like you - roll on when my current contract expires.

4 REPLIES 4

Barzey
Dialled in
For what its worth just tried to check service status in particular what units are connected to my service and all that comes up is "Technical Fault try again from the start" What a crock of manure? Their service hasn't even got the reliability to check itself let alone help people to try and resolve it

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've referenced both TiVo & V6 boxes, and the two are very different beasts. Which do you have?

If you're not sure, check here 

We can give advice & suggestions to help, but those will differ greatly depending which box you have. Although at a very basic level, if you have 3 boxes but only use a particular app on one, have you tried swapping the boxes around? See if the issue follows the box or not - and if it does, it could be faulty.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks for the reply and apologies for my very late response. I have checked and we have 3 x 'V6' boxes installed which are all working fine other than the Netflix problem.

We have just tried again (Sat 26/9/21 @ 13:50 hrs) to get Netflix up & running but alas on selecting the Netflix channel on the V6 box all we get is "NETFLIX" on the screen and a little red revolving circle forever. It was the same yesterday throughout too.

I hope I have described the problem properly in order to get some help. However we are both in our late 70's and to say its a 'Challenge' is no exaggeration I assure you. Thankyou in anticipation of your kind assistance in this matter.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you say the V6 are all working ok otherwise, does that include using OnDemand or, say, YouTube, iPlayer, Prime or any other streaming app? There's a reason for asking....

Putting your live TV aside, all of these functions use the internet. Your V6 all have a connection via your VM home-hub which can be either wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi), and then onwards to the internet. If that connection is otherwise working ok, then this could be an issue specific to the Netflix app which may be resolved by restarting your V6. You can do that by following Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart

If not, then it's worth checking this internet connection - the first check is whether the V6 <---> Hub connection is wired or wireless?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks