cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix app won’t load

londonpb
Tuning in

Hi,

Netflix has become steadily more unreliable in terms of opening. Most times I need to check the network connection on the virgin box, tun the media box off and on, exit Netflix after it fails to start and eventually it starts. This can go on fo 10-20 mins.

Netflix works on my iPad on the WiFi. The WiFi is not the issue - the media box is.

Netflix also works fine on my xbox on the same broadband.

Other apps work fine (catch up, BBC, on demand, amazon prime).

I see numerous posts on the topic but not a real solution other than “turn it on and off again”...Extremely frustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi londonpb,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry you're having this issue. 

We would recommend contacting our technical team via calling on 150/0345 454 1111 or via SMS on +44753 305 1809.

^Martin

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is that using channel 205 or the App or both?

Do you have a Tivo or V6 - I assume V6 as you say "check the connection on the box" so are the TV and V6 not close enough to connect by ethernet cable ? If they are you should do that?

If not what is the V6 reporting about its network connection (in settings)? Presumably it will be different from what the iPad is getting in its location.

Also, what Hub model do you have? If the Hub3 have you tried separating the SSID's of the 2.4 & 5 GHz bands - as my V6 works much better on the 5 network.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for the reply. 

I have a Hub 3 (not sure what you mean by Tivo/V6?)

I have bought another powerline adaptor and this seems to have helped a little. However I am interested about the 2.4 vs 5HHz point - how does one choose - is it through the virgin website?

thanks

Peter

PS it's via the app and channel 205

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@londonpb wrote:

Thanks for the reply. 

I have a Hub 3 (not sure what you mean by Tivo/V6?)

Peter

You originally referred to it as the "Media box" - which I assumed meant the V6 or Tivo TV boxes - and not The Hub3 - and you are posting in this V6 Forum and not the wifi one !!

So you are trying to connect to Netflix by an app on a smart Tv or phone or tablet or what ? 

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Apologies I missed the reply. I am actually using a TiVo box, connected to a Hub 3.

More or less every day now netflix will not load. Note there are no problems on laptops, ipads or x-box. It is a problem unique to the TiVo box. As it stands, I shan't be renewing the subscription in June as it is frankly unusable. I think an engineer needs to visit.

Resetting the box, turning the router on/off makes no difference.

Any help appreciated!

PS - stay safe everyone in these strange times...

Indeed the main reason appears actually to be that the TiVo box keeps losing connection to the internet. It is hard wired through a powerline adaptor. The TV is plugged into the same adaptor and does not suffer these problems.

Hi londonpb,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry you're having this issue. 

We would recommend contacting our technical team via calling on 150/0345 454 1111 or via SMS on +44753 305 1809.

^Martin

Neil83
Joining in

I'm having the exact problem as londonpb. I have texted the number suggested by one of the forum managers in the thread but no reply. 

Netflix won't open at all now but all the apps are quite slow and intermittently drop out. We have the TiVo box and hub 3.0. The TiVo box is connected via WiFi. There are not connection issues with any other devices in the home.

I'd appreciate it if someone could get back to me with a solution. 

Neil

Hi,

We have the same issue.  Was a so,union found?

TIA