The Netflix app on my new V6 seems very flaky. On average, once per program, the show will pause and buffer (screen shows a percent loaded-type of count) for several seconds. Other times, not so often, the resolution will drop out to shonky pixelated levels. On a handful of occasions, the buffering will stop at 25% and eventually cut the show completely, showing an error screen instead. On these occasions restarting the show will usually work, but not always.
Every time I have noted this happening, I have doublechecked Netflix access via my laptop. It's always fine, never a problem to run shows via the laptop. Same for the PS4 - I can watch shows via this quite happily, but it's not ideal to use the PS4 as it's in a completely different room!
So it seems the app on the V6 box is the common component. The box seems quite happy otherwise, very responsive, no issues with broadcast channels.
I'm not 100% sure but I think this is not a V6 specific issue. I've experienced the same issue, so I have immediately swapped to the app on my TV, and had the same issue again. So that either points at an issue on Netflix's end, of it being a VM/Netflix network issue. But either way it is extremely annoying.
We've just had Virgin fibre installed 2 days ago and cannot play Netflix either through V6 box or TV since installation, with error message 'we cannot play this title right now' appearing on every title we try to play. Also, the super 200mps we were promised = 150mps if in front of the router, and only single digit mps upstairs where kids are who I actually bought it for. Was sold on the promise of powerful wi-fi. Super annoying, and going to cancel contract and go back to Sky if not sorted ASAP.
I first reported this back in August last year. I've had no update from Virgin Media.
Here's my update: it's still happening. Frequently (on average once per day) while watching a title on the Netflix channel of the Virgin V6 box, the screen will freeze. We get a percentage displayed on screen - most often this stops at 24% - and after a time, the box shows an error message stating "We are having trouble playing this title. Please try again later." I then find that trying to restart the programme fails, with the same message, and I have to simply retry and retry until it works again.
That error code is "tvq-pm-100 (3.1.17)", if that helps.
This does not happen on any other device! I've watched Netflix on my laptop - always fine. PS4 - always fine. I've tried my mobile - no problems. The only device that fails this way is the V6 box. And it does, all the time. Today it happened 3 times during a 1-hour programme.
(Not to mention that regularly, the resolution will drop out to poor, pixelated levels, and generally takes a good minute or so to clear.)
As for the broadband, it drops sometimes but not often. I can't say whether the broadband signal suffers at the times when I see the issue with Netflix; but it's something I could check next time. I have found that when I see the problem on the V6 box, trying to access the same title via my laptop straight away (wirelessly connected) has always seemed to work.
If there's any more information I can give you, I'd be happy to.
Getting the "We are having trouble playing this title. Please try again later." message a lot and the only way to fix is to restart the v6 box. Using Netflix through Roku, laptop, iPad is fine when the box is displaying this message. I have noticed that if I look at the diagnostic info, everything says that it is fine (can connect to Netflix servers etc) but the connection speed is only 30mbps when a speed test from a computer shows that our connection is running at 200mbps.
Upgrading from our old TiVo box has given us problem after problem. With this and the v6 black screen issue I am on the verge of dumping VM and looking elsewhere.