Menu
Denny3007
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Netflix Error tvq-pm-100 (5.2.12)

Hi,

Been getting this error message for over 4mths now:

We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title.

Things i have tried:

• New HDMI cable
  • Tried HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI 3
  • Exiting Netflix
  • Un-plugging V6 box and leaving for 5mins
  • Been on the phone with technical support for around 3hrs in total trying all different methods
  • Technician came around on the 11/02/19 and could not fix the problem so he installed a new V6 box, Netflix worked for around 14hrs usuage and has now failed again with the same error message.

This is deffo a Virgin problem as all my t.v's with built in Netflix work just fine.

I am using the Sony 4K KD-55XE7002 T.V which supports HDCP2.2(for HDMI™1/2/3)

Any idea what is causing this as it's becoming very annoying now.

Sony are aware of this problem but it also happens on Samsung t'v's:

Den

0 Kudos
paul0363
Superfast
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix Error tvq-pm-100 (5.2.12)

I'm assuming you've tried everything on this page

Also from within the Netflix app: Settings>Get Help>Reload Netflix

You could also try resetting your V6.

Try the following option (it won't delete any recordings or break series links despite what it says but you'll need to reconnect to the VM service from the Network Settings page):  Home>Help and Settings>Clear or Reset TiVo Box>Clear Programme Info and Planned Recordings

If that doesn't work you could try Clear and Delete Everything (which does exactly that and fully resets the V6).

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Before you resort to "If that doesn't work you could try Clear and Delete Everything (which does exactly that and fully resets the V6)."
It may be an idea to clear the cache on your V6 box:
Home>Thumbs down>Thumbs up>Play>Play>Play. Box will then reset.
Clearing the cache will not affect anything important, its similar to a soft reboot of a computer.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
Denny3007
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Them suggestions was done via the 3hr phone call with technical support, the list is endless on the amount of things i have tried.

Looks like i ain't alone and still no fix:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Netflix-quot-We-re-having-trouble-playing-this-tit...

0 Kudos
Denny3007
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Also if you copy and paste the following into google you will see on Sony's website that they are aware of it, their fixes don't work though....

Copy and Paste this into google:

Netflix: "We’re having trouble playing this title at the moment. Please try again later or select a different title" (TVQ-PM-100 Error) on your TV? - November 7th 2018

Should be the top search.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Wise owl
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You are not alone but you can't say it is a VM problem  Netflix have some issues with their apps.

You can see SkyQ users are getting the same error message   -   SkyQ -> Netflix tvq pm 100

It seems to be an issue between the Netflix supplied app on the V6 and SkyQ - and the tv itself.

@Denny3007 wrote:

Hi,

Been getting this error message for over 4mths now:

We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title.

Things i have tried:

• New HDMI cable
  • Tried HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI 3
  • Exiting Netflix
  • Un-plugging V6 box and leaving for 5mins
  • Been on the phone with technical support for around 3hrs in total trying all different methods
  • Technician came around on the 11/02/19 and could not fix the problem so he installed a new V6 box, Netflix worked for around 14hrs usuage and has now failed again with the same error message.

This is deffo a Virgin problem as all my t.v's with built in Netflix work just fine.

I am using the Sony 4K KD-55XE7002 T.V which supports HDCP2.2(for HDMI™1/2/3)

Any idea what is causing this as it's becoming very annoying now.

Sony are aware of this problem but it also happens on Samsung t'v's:

Den

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
Denny3007
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I am with VM not Sky so i can say it's a VM problem, VM has not that i have seen acknowledged that this is a problem, when you phone them they are clueless as to what to do, maybe the first step would be to communicate with Netflix and TV providers to find the solution and then pass that onto the paying customers.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Wise owl
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You pay Netflix for the use of their app - not Virgin.

VM should be aware of the issue if people have called them up with it.

But I have found that Netflix are very difficult to help customers with any issue they don't immediately understand.

@Denny3007 wrote:

I am with VM not Sky so i can say it's a VM problem, VM has not that i have seen acknowledged that this is a problem, when you phone them they are clueless as to what to do, maybe the first step would be to communicate with Netflix and TV providers to find the solution and then pass that onto the paying customers.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
Denny3007
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Agreed, i pay for netflix but VM as a App that should work but it does not so that is a VM problem that they should fix.

You say VM should be aware of this problem, have you spoken to customer services....if you have than you will know my answer.

Have you looked at Netflix website, you say they don't understand but yet they send e-mails when the error happens with a link that might fix the problem, even though it does not fix the problem.

At the end of the day what is cheaper, spending resources on getting new boxes fitted, spending hours on the phone talking to someone who has not got a clue about the problem let alone fix the problem.....maybe communication is the fix to this problem?.....hey maybe all these costs of not fixing the problem and what it costs to try and fix the problem will not be forwarded onto the customer bills....you never know.

0 Kudos
Denny3007
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Oh i forgot to add.....your quote "But I have found that Netflix are very difficult to help customers with any issue they don't immediately understand."....

LMAO....have you spoken to VM customer services lately....LMAO

0 Kudos