cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Connection

sevans941
Tuning in

I am constantly having to restart my TiVo box to connect to Netflix.  Getting the error code tvq-st-145.  This is so annoying given that I’m paying over £100 a month in total for Virgin and Netflix.   Does anyone know else have this issue?    

13 REPLIES 13

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly - do you mean Tivo - or is it actually a V6 (below)? They connect differently.

If a V6 - what Hub do you have and how is it connected to the Hub - wifi or ethernet

Tivo_V6 photo.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John - It’s actually a V6 box connected by Ethernet to the hub which is the 3.0 version.

sevans941
Tuning in

It is only Netflix.

it just states Netflix has encountered an error - retrying in xx seconds (which then counts down to retry).

it offers the options to try again, more details or exit but never actually reconnects. 

I will have to make a note of what the ‘more details ‘  options state next time it happens but it doesn’t mean anything obvious to me.

I always have to then restart the V6 Box to get Netflix back.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it is only Netflix affected, that suggests an app-specific problem that a reboot should clear.

Connectivity issues would affect all of OnDemand & streaming.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your help

Might be worth signing out of Netflix on the v6 box.

Go to Help&Settings->System Info->Netflix Account Information->Sign Out of Netflix Account.
Re-boot the V6.

When you next go to the Netflix app it will then ask you to sign in.

Is your broadband connection working ok in other respects?

Welcome back to the community @sevans941 and thanks for taking the time to post your issue here.

Have you been able to get your issue resolved with the help and advice from the community?

If you haven't been able to resolve to resolve the issues, please let me know and we can look into this further for you.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi,

Not really  - the problem is intermittent but I’d say it happens more often than not

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @sevans941,

Thanks for your reply. Is the issue replicated via any other device? Eg. Mobile / Tablet using WiFi?

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide