Menu
wright13301
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Netflix App

Hi, I have recently been connected to virgin media. I have my router upstairs in my office where it is connected to my computers which works fine. I have my tv box down stairs connected to my tv via a coax cable (There is a junction box outside on my house with a cable going upstairs and another going downstairs) . My question is, the tv works fine apart from the Netflix app which always comes up with try again later. The tv box uses WiFi which is strong. If I switch off the tv box and do a reboot the Netflix app will work with no problems until I come back to watch Netflix again and then I have to reboot the tv box once again. The tv remote has a Netflix button which always works but I would like to use the app without problems, Am I doing something wrong or have I missed something, Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Netflix App

No, you are seeing a V6 Netflix app problem which seems to be quite common.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have had this issue but the other way around i.e. when connected by ethernet which was solved by connecting via wifi instead.

If you have (or can borrow) a pair of powerline adapters I'd give them a go to see if that cures the problem.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Personally, I believe the issue is unrelated to how the V6 is connected to the home network.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Indeed it could be, but worth trying a different connection option. If the issue still persists then at least connection issues have been ruled out.

0 Kudos
wright13301
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have managed to borrow a pair of powerline adaptors, with no luck. Broadband speed to the tv pox is now 86Mbps but the Netflix app on the tv box still wont work. So Im just pressing the Netflix button on my tv and watching my stuff that way. 

Thanks everyone for your help.

0 Kudos
wright13301
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The other day I ran an ethernet cable direct from my router to the tv box... Yes the Netflix app worked straight away with no problem...

Read from this what you will.

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@wright13301 wrote:

The other day I ran an ethernet cable direct from my router to the tv box... Yes the Netflix app worked straight away with no problem...

Read from this what you will.

I have the issue but rebooting doesn't fix it and my V6 has always been connected via ethernet, so it's not just a wi-fi issue.

0 Kudos