cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix App (v312) error

CrouchingSheep
On our wavelength

Hi There,

I am having issues with the V6 box. connecting to Netflix. talked to support and did the turn off everything.

V6 is brilliant, Iplayer , you tube all so much faster, even searching the menu.  soon as I try Netflix I get the (V312) error. which apparently means there is a network issue. but Iplayer and youtube work fine on the same box. if network issue then they would not work.

I have also forced Netflix to log out of all devices,  still no joy. Netflix works fine on the Tivo box. just not the V6 box.

called support but the are at a loss, and say it could be something bigger...

any info would be great.

cheers

Gregor

32 REPLIES 32

Adrian_H
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

Yes, disable modem mode and then restart your hub and the V6, if possible, connect the hub to the V6 with an Ethernet cable (if its not already connected this way). Once they are back online launch the Netflix app.

Adrian Hayes
Virgin Media
---------------------------------------------
I work for Virgin Media but I browse and post on the forums during my spare time.

Thanks - will try this though it didn't work for me last time I tried.

Adrian_H
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

Let me know how it goes, if you still get the error, I'll be happy to look further in to it for you.

Adrian Hayes
Virgin Media
I work for Virgin Media but I browse and post on the forums during my spare time.

Adrian_H
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

Actually, if you still see V312, try the websafe workaround whilst you have modem mode disabled.

Adrian Hayes
Virgin Media

Thanks Adrian, I've enabled this now anyway so will keep it on whilst I try disabling modem mode, hopefully one of these actions (or both together) will get it working!

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your help - put the SH2 in modem mode and plugged the V6 in and it worked! I also had websafe on, just in case.

Virgin should work out some workaround so you don't have to disable modem mode to make it work!

Adrian_H
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

I'm glad to hear - thanks for letting me know 🙂

Adrian Hayes
Virgin Media

pwuk
On our wavelength

For me - netflix worked when I signed in with modem mode off.

But when I restore modem mode, it back to the error message Smiley Sad

But then I tried again and it works Smiley Surprised

Steve-L
Joining in

I am also having problems with the netflix app on the v6 box.

It seems that almost every time I select it the app will load a film to 24% and then stop.

The box seems to freeze up and I have to turn it off from the switch on the back and reboot it.

After thi process it will usually load correctly.

Not good enough Virginmedia

Worked for me !