cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix App (v312) error

CrouchingSheep
On our wavelength

Hi There,

I am having issues with the V6 box. connecting to Netflix. talked to support and did the turn off everything.

V6 is brilliant, Iplayer , you tube all so much faster, even searching the menu.  soon as I try Netflix I get the (V312) error. which apparently means there is a network issue. but Iplayer and youtube work fine on the same box. if network issue then they would not work.

I have also forced Netflix to log out of all devices,  still no joy. Netflix works fine on the Tivo box. just not the V6 box.

called support but the are at a loss, and say it could be something bigger...

any info would be great.

cheers

Gregor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CrouchingSheep
On our wavelength

OK, made some progress with this today, Third call to the Virgin support desk.

when your really stuck always better to phone during the day as you get the british based support. went through the usual settings, now I know my internet is fine, and Iplayer and youtube work fine on the V6 box. When you click on Netflix it pops up trying to load the app but cant and give the (v312) error. which basically points to network issue.

searching through the knowledge base we came across a strange one but we tried it. the suggestion was to turn on the web safe applications virus safe and child safe.

the operator did this for me we restarted the v6 box once again, I tested the Netflix app and could not believe my eyes when netflix came up.

so if you have a similar issue to my error. you can do this with your online account.

Access your Virgin Media account online
go to myapps
go to web safe
turn on both the virus and child safe options
restart your V6 box
test your internet on the V6, youtube / iplayer
launch your netflix app, login
turn off your child safe option, suggest leaving on the virus one though.

your netflix should now be working.

hope this has helped. I dont know why but it worked for me, the connection between V6 and Netflix must have been looking for some secure IP connection to launch.

enjoy.

everyone pray for Virgin to create a Windows 10 app so we can watch our recordings on our professional tablet devices.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

32 REPLIES 32

DaveFuller1977
Joining in
Had the same problem on my V6 box tonight, after various attempts to resolve issue he found that my V6 box software/firmware level needs updating and he referred this to another department that are to get back to me once it has been sent over to my box.
Hope this helps, Dave

CrouchingSheep
On our wavelength

OK, made some progress with this today, Third call to the Virgin support desk.

when your really stuck always better to phone during the day as you get the british based support. went through the usual settings, now I know my internet is fine, and Iplayer and youtube work fine on the V6 box. When you click on Netflix it pops up trying to load the app but cant and give the (v312) error. which basically points to network issue.

searching through the knowledge base we came across a strange one but we tried it. the suggestion was to turn on the web safe applications virus safe and child safe.

the operator did this for me we restarted the v6 box once again, I tested the Netflix app and could not believe my eyes when netflix came up.

so if you have a similar issue to my error. you can do this with your online account.

Access your Virgin Media account online
go to myapps
go to web safe
turn on both the virus and child safe options
restart your V6 box
test your internet on the V6, youtube / iplayer
launch your netflix app, login
turn off your child safe option, suggest leaving on the virus one though.

your netflix should now be working.

hope this has helped. I dont know why but it worked for me, the connection between V6 and Netflix must have been looking for some secure IP connection to launch.

enjoy.

everyone pray for Virgin to create a Windows 10 app so we can watch our recordings on our professional tablet devices.

nem1985
Joining in
We installed our v6 box and Internet etc on Saturday and all is working fine except Netflix. I followed the advice of changing the virus and parental settings on my virgin Media account but it's still not working. Do I need to ring customer services or is there anything else I can try before hand?
Thanks

exactly the same issue. I wouldn't bother with support, as friendly as they were I was on for over an hour, still not working, I have since been told that they are aware of it and are working on a fix. The websafe and Virus workaround, didn't work for me either.

Ok, thank you for letting me know! I'll just wait then! Have to carry on using my tablet for netflix for now!

Thanks, this solution worked for me.

How are you connected to the Internet? With Virgin's hub or your own? I've got the same problem (I tried the web safe solution but didn't seem to work, will try it again) and I'm using SuperHub 2 in modem into an Apple Time Capsule as router (then V6 connected by cable).

Adrian_H
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

Hi all,

The initial launch of Netflix needs to be done with modem mode disabled. This only has to be done once and once it's done, the box will have its permissions to use the application and you can go back to using modem mode.

Adrian Hayes
Virgin Media
---------------------------------------------
I work for Virgin Media but I browse and post on the forums during my spare time.

Thanks Adrian,

Will give this a go, though I did try this and it didn't work - can you be more specific? Do we need to disable modem mode then restart the V6 and open the Netflix app?