Menu
fafs241089
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Nagra

Trying to upgrade to V6 box but the nagra code I have showing on my tv is different from the one that is showing online any ideas how I change this ? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nagra

Why do you need a Nagra code?

The V6 does the decoding. All you have to do is connect an HDMI lead to your TV.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Highlighted
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Absolute classic dodgy box situation doesn't realise where they are posting.

0 Kudos
fafs241089
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Unless virgin supply dodgy boxes no it’s not as I said I am trying to upgrade to a v6 box and the nagra code that is shown on my tv is different from the one that Virgin is shown on their records not sure if it’s because they had to replace my box as the first one the guy put in wasn’t working !! 

coffeenapples
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I HAVE SAME ISSUE

In order to sign up for new V6 box O must confirm the device id.  The device id given on Virgin site does not match the Nagra id, though they say it should.

@Virgin pls advise how to do an upgrade where your records have incorrect device id??

0 Kudos
coffeenapples
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Because Virgin says Nagra code should be the same as device id to allow upgrade. For us it is not, so we need help.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I would have thought that what is required is the TiVo Service Number from System Info, not the Nagra Pairing ID from Diagnostics.

0 Kudos
coffeenapples
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks yes, I also expected Virgin's record of box id to match tivo service number, but it does not!

So I checked their instructions- to see they say it must match nagra. As already stated that doesnt match either.

I have looked through all the codes and ids but none match (nor contain) the digits on record Smiley Surprised

(Would be lovely if devices could be identified by something universal and reliable like MAC address HAHAHA)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The TSN is unique.

0 Kudos
coffeenapples
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Im sure tsn and nagra etc etc etc are all unique.

As is the number for the device Virgin thinks i own...

Which is not the device i own

Hopefully someone will advise pls *how to innititate an upgrade when my device id numbers do not match the virgin-held id number*

Tyia

0 Kudos