cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NETFLIX V312 Error - Running out of ideas

AlistairRoss74
Tuning in

Getting the v312 error only on Netflix from the V6 box located upstairs. Other apps work fine (Iplayer, Amazon, Youtube etc)

The V6 box located downstairs loads Netflix fine.

Upstairs box is connected by wi-fi, so brought it downstairs and plugged it into SH3 via ethernet cable. I tried the internet safety control fix - still get the v312. I took the hub out of modem mode and put it back into router mode and tried rebooting again - still get the v312.

I understand that this is potentially a DNS issue, but equally that apparently you can't override the DNS in the SH3. Just wasted five hours trying to make this work. Totally fed up with what makes no sense, when one box can load the Netflix App and the second one cannot. Any ideas or customer service from Virgin Media welcome as I've exhausted all the forum solutions (that don't involve complex DNS solutions). Much appreciated.

18 REPLIES 18

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @AlistairRoss74,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

I'm sorry that you're having such issues and have spent so much time trying to get this issue resolved.

This sounds like it is an issue with the box that may need a technician visit but I will need to take a few details via private message, so that I can have a further look into the issue and then book a technician if needed.

I will send the private message over in a moment, please look out for the message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

I haven’t received an email/message Steven. Could you please resend?

I spoke to a Virgin Media Customer Service rep on Monday who promised a call back within 4 hours, but nothing has happened.

Much appreciated

Alistair

Thanks for coming back to me @ALISTAIRROSS, sorry that this message has only just been picked up, especially after we had a conversation via private message yesterday.

Regards,

Steven_L

Engineer coming tomorrow, so hopefully that will fix the issues Steven. Thank you for organising that.

Hey ALISTAIRROSS,

Thanks for reaching back out to us, how did the technician visit go, how are the services now?

Regards

Paul.

Very helpful engineer came out and tried a number of fixes, ruling out different possibilities. But he could not fix the problem as he deduced that the V312 was due to the V6 box not having an 'occurrence' at the Virgin Media end. Odd, as this V6 box was moved upstairs about nine months when a second V6 box was added and the subscription upgraded to multi-room. It had previously worked fine with Netflix downstairs, but somehow in moving it upstairs in lost the 'occurrence'. The engineer has asked me to text him on Monday morning to remind him to ask his manager to reinstate an 'occurrence' onto this box as it was not something he could do and managers were not available at the weekend.

So I will text him tomorrow a.m. and fingers-crossed the issue will be sorted.

Texted engineer as agreed. No response. No change. No Netflix yet. 😡

Hi @ALISTAIRROSS thanks for coming back to us.

Sorry to hear that your Netflix issue has not yet been resolved.  I am going to make some enquiries on your behalf.  I will get back to you when I have a response.  In the meantime can I ask if the TV set linked to the box in question has the Netflix app on it and can be used as a temporary work around?  

Regards

Lee_R

It can't Lee, but the engineer is coming back today to try and fix the issue - something to do with the 'matrix' on my account that even he didn't understand....