cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My recordings are stopping and pixelating

emb1956
Joining in

my recordings are unwatchable due to stopping and pixelation. Do I require a new box? I’ve tried switching it off but it’s made no difference. I can’t get through on the phone to speak to anyone! 

17 REPLIES 17

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are your live TV channels viewing ok? That will prove whether your incoming TV feed is the cause.

If they're fine, try pausing your live TV for perhaps 30seconds and watch delayed for a short time. That uses the hard drive in the same way as a recording.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @emb1956 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your services.

How are things looking since your post on Monday? Have you managed to follow the advise provided above? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I tried pausing and watching and that was ok. The problem is intermittent. Some recordings are watchable others aren’t. What now?

Thanks

Eleanor

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is it possible that you're having problems with certain live channels without realising? If the channel has pixellation issues, those will be recorded.

Are new recordings perhaps problematic, or older ones?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I don’t have issues with live channels. It’s not consistently the same channel either. 🙁

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @emb1956,

Sorry to hear the issue has continued and thanks for confirming the checks you've done. 

I've been able to locate your account using your forums details and would like to run some quick checks - please can I ask to to switch your set top box 'on' and keep it on? 

Are you also able to confirm which particular channels you have been having this with?

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

My set box is on now. From memory BBC4 and Channel 5 have been the worst recently. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is C5 the SD or HD version?

HD by the looks of it.