cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Tivo box is pixelating and freezing recordings on playback.

dizz8
Joining in

Tivo box is pixelating and freezing recordings on playback, all TV channels are accessible for real time viewing. Have checked all connections and rebooted the system but problem still exists.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If live TV is fine, that proves your incoming TV signal feed as good, and suggests this issue is caused by your hard drive developing problems.

Try pausing live TV for 30 seconds and watch it delayed. That's also using your hard drive, and should prove the theory.

If so - you'll need to report the fault as it'll be time for a replacement box, this isn't fixable on a home visit. Either 150 (from a VM phone), 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) or wait on here a day or so for staff to pick this post up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No problem at all - we're all new sometime and forums have "moments"!

Refer to post-2 above, for what your next steps can be.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hello dizz8

Sorry to hear about this 
I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If live TV is fine, that proves your incoming TV signal feed as good, and suggests this issue is caused by your hard drive developing problems.

Try pausing live TV for 30 seconds and watch it delayed. That's also using your hard drive, and should prove the theory.

If so - you'll need to report the fault as it'll be time for a replacement box, this isn't fixable on a home visit. Either 150 (from a VM phone), 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) or wait on here a day or so for staff to pick this post up.

dizz8
Joining in

My V6 Box pixelates all recordings on playback, have checked all connections and rebooted the system several times but problem still exists. No problem accessing any of the TV channels for real time viewing. This problem started 2 weeks ago for no apparent reason, recordings that I made before that time and saved are still viewable.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Duplicate threads merged - Please do not post multiple threads regarding the same issue.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Also, is it a TiVo or is it a V6? The OP has now mentioned both.

It won't matter to the fault diagnosis, but if VM staff pick this thread up - it may well assist them.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-box shows the different boxes if @dizz8 isn't sure.

Apologies, it is a Virgin V6 box.

Sorry for that, this is my first time using the forum and I thought my first post hadn't been sent, having a bit of a 'senior' moment.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No problem at all - we're all new sometime and forums have "moments"!

Refer to post-2 above, for what your next steps can be.

Thankyou, I have tried the pause and replay function and it still pixilates. I tried the customer helpline 4 days ago and gave up after spending an hour talking to 2 different people and trying umpteen connection checks and a reboot before being put on hold for over 20mins after which time I gave up.

Hello dizz8

Sorry to hear about this 
I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_