cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My TiVo Remote Control is faulty

wukky
On our wavelength

The (left ) REWIND button on my TiVo Remote Control no longer works. 
Please could you let me know what the best way is of obtaining a replacement?

Thanks - Wukky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A few things to add here.

Firstly, the battery check is completely valid but I'd expect that to affect all buttons not one specific one as the OP has mentioned.

Secondly, the OP has posted in the V6 board (for which the previous response is correct) but referred to a TiVo. The two boxes use different remotes - @wukky  if you're not sure which you have, check here 

Thirdly, although there's plenty of tales on here of the online ordering not working, it's always worth a shot of the online form at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/download-tv-control-app before calling in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi wukky 

Daft question, but are the batteries OK? ... You can check here:

Home > Help & Settings > System Info > Channel Down until you see: Remote Battery Level.

If the level is good you'll need to ring 150 or 0345 454 1111 from any other landline, & request a replacement.

🤞

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @wukky 

You should be able to order a replacement by logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page, or by using this direct link  Order new remote 

If the links aren't working either clear your cache and cookies or try a different browser

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A few things to add here.

Firstly, the battery check is completely valid but I'd expect that to affect all buttons not one specific one as the OP has mentioned.

Secondly, the OP has posted in the V6 board (for which the previous response is correct) but referred to a TiVo. The two boxes use different remotes - @wukky  if you're not sure which you have, check here 

Thirdly, although there's plenty of tales on here of the online ordering not working, it's always worth a shot of the online form at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/download-tv-control-app before calling in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

wukky
On our wavelength

Thanks for ALL your replies. 

Yes I DO have a V6 Box - apologies for being too loose with my description. Even with brand new batteries the affected key still would NOT work!

I’ve ordered a new Remote Control Handset using the online request form.  

Fingers crossed for the delivery of a brand new handset in the next couple of days. In the meantime I’m using the Remote APP.

Cheers - Wukky

wukky
On our wavelength
Thnx