cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Broadband is Working, but Tivo internet services aren't!

sjb2371
Dialled in

Hello there! 

While trying to sort out my fathers Nvidia Shield box i had to unplug the internet splitter that the Tivo box was also connected to. 

Anyway His Tivo box showed the sign that there was no internet connection. I reset the box, but still no internet connection. I then did the the diagnostic test, it showed that there was a connection but no internet services 😕 

Just as i was going through all this malarkey i checked the other two tivo boxes we have, both worked.. Netflix, Amazon Prime etc were all working, but then i reset the router and now all the other boxes have the same issue! The box in my room is connected via WiFi and has a 100% signal at 5gh and just the same.

I checked if it was a local problem in my area, but nothing reported.. The error code on all the boxes now is 'C233' The website is no help at all and the less said about phoning 150 the better! 

All other devices like my phone, Internet via the TV's, My PC etc are working perfectly

Think we have a local problem here.... Help!!! 

7 REPLIES 7

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Moved to the V6 board from the standard TiVO board, as standard TiVO boxes are not wireless capable.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Also, the TiVo boxes don't have the Amazon Prime app, so if you're running TiVo software then you have a V6... there's pictures on this page for info.

On the basis that you do indeed have a V6, then the box has a (wired or wireless) connection to your homehub which provides the internet connection. How is yours connected?

On your V6, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and report what's shown in the top-right. Depending what's reported, using "Connect to VM services now" at the bottom might just be your fix.

I'd also be interested what tests you refer to, when you say... "I then did the the diagnostic test, it showed that there was a connection but no internet services"?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hiya tried what you said... I'm getting my named network from the router

Signal: 97% I tried the 'Connect to the Virgin Media services now' option. Everything went as it should. It's getting a connection but I'm still getting the error message C233

Now when i'm checking this the screen is now bright green! This has happened on all the boxes 😕

Wired or un wired it's just not connecting to the services like Netflix on any of the boxes. 😕

roy247
Community elder

As it all started when sorting out the Nvidia Shield have you retraced your steps and disconnected the Shield.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sjb2371 wrote:

Now when i'm checking this the screen is now bright green!😕

Can you elaborate? Tinted colours are often the sign of an HDMI problem.

What happens if you bypass the "internet splitter" by running an Ethernet cable directly from the hub to a V6.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hiya Everyone... Well as i suspected it was a local fault with the boxes not being able to access any kind of internet service and not the boxes themselves. The services started to work early this morning.

All the boxes are all working as they should now, but i just have no idea what went wrong... Thanks for all your time in answering and trying to help xx