cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Tivo boxes not communicating

jenfamily1
Dialled in

I have one tivo box & the router on the ground floor and two tivo boxes on the first floor ( one in each of my son's bedrooms) I know for a fact that some time ago I was able to select 'My Shows' and 'Other Tivo box' and be able to watch any recorded program from any TV in the house, upstairs or downstairs. These past few months although I can connect to any of the the other two tivo boxes, none of the 'shows' will play! The screen goes blank and after many minutes a message with a code V401 'problem playing this video' appears. If there is a moderator reading this I've phoned Virgin 3 times ( being disconnected once! ) gone through the same process of checking serial numbers of boxes and on one occasion  being told my router is too far from the upstairs tivo boxes..so how come both upstairs boxes can access Netflix, Prime & catch up if they weren't connecting to the internet? My son streams via his x box from a garden shed! There's nothing wrong with the signal of the router reaching the boxes. Only this evening after a 52 minute telephone call to Virgin I was told my router needs to be re-booted every 15 days and this would definitely resolve the problem. It was re-booted by Virgin but didn't make any difference! I will write a letter of complaint and will eventually cancel my direct debit & Virgin will have to either cut me off or take me to court for the money! I've asked for an engineer to come but each time they've tried to evade this .Can a moderator intervene and arrange for an engineer to call?

18 REPLIES 18

Hi Tom

This is beginning to feel like a DIY sort it yourself problem.

I've turned off all three V6 boxes from the power and after 10 mins turned them back on again and will try to see if all 3 boxes 'talk to one and other'

If not PLEASE arrange for an engineer to sort me out?

Steve

Hi

You really are a 'Superstar'

I turned off each of the three boxes from the mains and after 10 mins put them on and hey Presto I can access all three boxes from anywhere!

cheers

Steve

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Really glad to hear that Apollo's suggestions worked Steve - thanks for keeping us updated. If you encounter any more problems don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Tom 

Hi

Just wanted to double check you saw my reply praising you for fixing my problem.VM had three opportunities to help and failed!!!!

Steve

VM should retrain their call centre staff.3 weeks ago an advisor said my router was too far away...rubbish! my son gets a signal in our back garden shed!!
The second advisor cut me off!!!
The third advisor kept me holding for half an hour, just to say my router needs rebooting every two weeks!!
No help whatsoever!!!
Steve

Hi John

I was interested in all which you said after you not working for VM. Are they all services which you provide? Are they all the services you subscribe to?

I'm interested so please reply. Sounds like a lot of qualifications.

Steve

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

By means of general info @jenfamily1 - this is primarily a user-community forum where peer-peer support from fellow customers is the first method of support.

VM staff do monitor posts and wade in when that level of support has failed to resolve issues, or account-specific issues have been identified.

I'm glad you got your issues sorted, that's the main thing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi VIP,

I'm sorry I don't appear to be the most diplomatic of people do I? I should have thanked & recognised you just as much as I did the other Vip as both of you offered the same solution to rectify my problem. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I have used this forum before and always find my problem becomes resolved by people like you. I was just so angry and frustrated at how VM's technical call centres have proved to be a waste of space where I'm concerned, I'd hoped someone from VM would pick up on it.

cheers

Steve

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the update. It's great to see all of your boxes are now communicating with each other.

Next time you have any issues try the forums first, as you've discovered it's often quicker, easier and less soul destroying than phoning up.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali