cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Tivo boxes not communicating

jenfamily1
Dialled in

I have one tivo box & the router on the ground floor and two tivo boxes on the first floor ( one in each of my son's bedrooms) I know for a fact that some time ago I was able to select 'My Shows' and 'Other Tivo box' and be able to watch any recorded program from any TV in the house, upstairs or downstairs. These past few months although I can connect to any of the the other two tivo boxes, none of the 'shows' will play! The screen goes blank and after many minutes a message with a code V401 'problem playing this video' appears. If there is a moderator reading this I've phoned Virgin 3 times ( being disconnected once! ) gone through the same process of checking serial numbers of boxes and on one occasion  being told my router is too far from the upstairs tivo boxes..so how come both upstairs boxes can access Netflix, Prime & catch up if they weren't connecting to the internet? My son streams via his x box from a garden shed! There's nothing wrong with the signal of the router reaching the boxes. Only this evening after a 52 minute telephone call to Virgin I was told my router needs to be re-booted every 15 days and this would definitely resolve the problem. It was re-booted by Virgin but didn't make any difference! I will write a letter of complaint and will eventually cancel my direct debit & Virgin will have to either cut me off or take me to court for the money! I've asked for an engineer to come but each time they've tried to evade this .Can a moderator intervene and arrange for an engineer to call?

6 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person will pick this up here but it can take up to a week for them to get here and respond.

You refer to Tivo boxes - but I am assuming they are V6 boxes - is that correct?

If so... this thread would be better placed in the TV V6 forum - I can move it there if necessary?

Also try reconnecting them on wifi all first and see if it helps.
Home - Help and Settings - Settings - Network - Connect to the Virgin Media service now.

JFI... Dont just cancel the DD as VM are still supplying you with a "service" and you are not paying for it, so they normally would just transfer your debt to a collection agency and note that on your credit rating. You may get your day in court and win the case - but it really isn't worth the hassle of getting that off your credit file.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jbrennand wrote:
You refer to Tivo boxes - but I am assuming they are V6 boxes - is that correct?

Just to help with this... you can check here if you're not sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jenfamily1, thanks for getting in touch - sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your TV service.

I wasn't able to assist using your forum details alone on this occasion, so I'll get in touch via PM to confirm a few details & hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should reboot the router and all VM set top boxes so they can perform a handshake and see each other.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can follow Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart.

Also on a V6, make sure you're not in Eco power saving as this disables remote access.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

By means of general info @jenfamily1 - this is primarily a user-community forum where peer-peer support from fellow customers is the first method of support.

VM staff do monitor posts and wade in when that level of support has failed to resolve issues, or account-specific issues have been identified.

I'm glad you got your issues sorted, that's the main thing.

18 REPLIES 18

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person will pick this up here but it can take up to a week for them to get here and respond.

If so... this thread would be better placed in the TV V6 forum - I can move it there if necessary?

Also try reconnecting them on wifi all first and see if it helps.
Home - Help and Settings - Settings - Network - Connect to the Virgin Media service now.

JFI... Dont just cancel the DD as VM are still supplying you with a "service" and you are not paying for it, so they normally would just transfer your debt to a collection agency and note that on your credit rating. You may get your day in court and win the case - but it really isn't worth the hassle of getting that off your credit file.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jbrennand wrote:

Just to help with this... you can check here if you're not sure.

Hi

Thanks for your advice. I won't cancel the DD.Yes please can you transfer this to TV V6 forum

Steve

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jenfamily1, thanks for getting in touch - sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your TV service.

I wasn't able to assist using your forum details alone on this occasion, so I'll get in touch via PM to confirm a few details & hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should reboot the router and all VM set top boxes so they can perform a handshake and see each other.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi & Thank you

VM reset / rebooted my router yesterday and someone else on here suggested I go to Home -Settings- WiFi Network -connect to all Virgin services.I'm in the process of doing that now.

Steve

Hi Tom

Thanks

What is 'personal message' ? is it an email to [Mod deleted - personal information]

Steve

Hi again

Do I switch off the boxes from the plug in order to reboot?

Steve

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can follow Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart.

Also on a V6, make sure you're not in Eco power saving as this disables remote access.