cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi room any good? What does it require?

g0nz0
Tuning in

Hello,

I'd like to get Virgin TV on a TV in another part of the house and I see there is a multi room option, how does this connect to Virgin?  I don't really want more coaxial cabling through the house and hope it's wireless.

I guess I could also hook up an old laptop to the TV and use the app, but a pain.

3 REPLIES 3

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's not wireless and need coax

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The live channels use a broadcast system, so all TV boxes must be connected directly to the coaxial cable. Additional services such as OnDemand are delivered via either Ethernet or wireless from the Virgin hub, but the coax connection is Mandatory.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @g0nz0,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm glad that you're now a part of our Community! We're here to help!

As @jb66 and @nodrogd advised, in order to have access to Multi Room, it does require you to have more coaxial cables in your home, as the TV boxes would not be able to receive the live broadcasting signal without them.

Is there anything else we can do to help you today? Let us know.

Thank you. 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs