cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving an existing box to another room

stevee303
On our wavelength

Hi all

I have 2 V6 boxes. One is connected to VM at ground level at the front of the house with a cable (connected to the gubbins on the inside of the front wall). This cablet passes through the front room into the back room where the main TV sits.

The other V6 box is connected at bedroom level at the front of the house (again with a connection socket on the inside of the wall) and sits in that bedroom.

Do I have to get VM out to move the bedroom box downstairs to the front room or is this something I can do myself? If so, how do I connect the second box to VM?

My router is in the downstairs front room.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The million dollar question is whether you have a working co-ax connection point in the location you want to use the box. If you do - plug it in and off you go.

If you don't, a non-fault engineer callout to install the necessary cabling and/or connections is a flat price of £25 and can either be arranged by waiting on here, or calling into VM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

stevee303
On our wavelength

Thank you.

stevee303
On our wavelength

I've tried the website and 150 but there is no obvious link or route to booking an engineer to come and move one of my V6 boxes from upstairs to downstairs.

Can someone from VM please contact me about this (or someone point me at how I arrange a booking (i.e. which options after dialling 150).

Many thanks.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's better to stick to one thread per query and is against forum guidelines to post the same question in multiple places - it avoids having different replies in different places - I've merged them together for you 😉

If you want to call through, I'd choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service" but once you've chosen that - don't press any further options and ignore the various inducements that will only serve to dump you out of the queue.

If you leave this post alone and don't add further replies, VM staff should pick it up in a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello stevee303

Thanks for taking the time to post in regards to moving your existing set top box downstairs to your front room.

It's been a few days sine your post, have you been able to speak to the team in regards to arranging the move? As japitts has advised, this would be classed as a non fault call out and charged at £25

Rob

Hi Rob

No, I haven't managed to book an engineer. Can you arrange this?

Steve

Hi @stevee303,

Apologies for the delayed response. I'll send a private message in a few moments so we can take some more details.

If you still need more help with this, please respond to the message at your earliest convenience and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!