cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a v6 box

Jrawlins
Joining in

I want to move a v6 box from one bedroom to another bedroom in the same house. 
how do i organise this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thousand dollar question - do you have a working co-ax connection point in the location you want to move the box to?

If yes - plug it in, connect it up, use it. As long as the V6 has the co-ax connection and a working internet connection (Ethernet best, WiFi ok if the signal is reliable) you can use it.

If no - then you'll need a non-fault technician callout to install a connection point. Arrange this via the usual faults route (call in, or wait here) and pay a flat £25 fee.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thousand dollar question - do you have a working co-ax connection point in the location you want to move the box to?

If yes - plug it in, connect it up, use it. As long as the V6 has the co-ax connection and a working internet connection (Ethernet best, WiFi ok if the signal is reliable) you can use it.

If no - then you'll need a non-fault technician callout to install a connection point. Arrange this via the usual faults route (call in, or wait here) and pay a flat £25 fee.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I am looking to do the same thing, is it really only £25 as I was quoted £100 when I enquired a few months ago.  I'm just about to sort having this done now.  

Thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HornetUK wrote:

I am looking to do the same thing, is it really only £25 as I was quoted £100 when I enquired a few months ago.  I'm just about to sort having this done now.  

Thanks

I can confirm it is £25 for non fault call-outs now. So many people were doing unauthorised DIY alterations to VMs network & causing interference to their neighbours connections I think they had no choice but to change it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Thank you for confirming the £25.

I currently have 4 cables into the house for 3 V6 and 1 TIVO and broadband.  The box outside has a  couple of connectors in the are full with the cables to house.  My question is will they leave the connection in the room the V6 is moving from live and still connected or will it be disconnected to make room for the new cable to the new room the V6 moves to.  I was just thinking be handy to be able to move it back to the old room/point if ever needed to.

Thanks