cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving V6 Box Around

KarelSoel
Joining in

I've got a V6 box in my bedroom but sometimes want to watch in another room. If I got myself a length of co-ax would there be any issue just moving it and plugging it in temporarily in another room.

Some google searching seems to indicate that unless I get gold plated cable and have a rocket scientist "rebalance the levels" everyone in the street will loose service and VM will hunt me to the ends of the earth. I suspect it'll either work or it won't and if it doesn't nothing bad will happen, other than my wife tripping over loose cable.

2 REPLIES 2

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

… or ask Virgin Media for a non-fault call out to do the work at the current reduced price of £25.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM's co-ax is part of their network and (well-intentioned) DIY amendments can often end badly. They're not recommended, but you have a few options.

1: Use the TV Control app on a compatible mobile device to stream your recordings anywhere on your home network. "TV Go" will do the same for live channels.

2: Pay the (now £25) non-fault callout fee to have VM install a connection point in your other room.

3: If loose cables aren't an issue, run a longer HDMI lead from where your V6 current lives, to the location you want to watch TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks