Menu
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Most Useless information on a help page.

I may have read this incorrectly but under what circumstances would anyone use this :
How to use your Virgin TV remote
Fast forward and rewind
While fast forwarding, press and hold Skip Forward to jump to the end of a recorded show.

It will jump ahead in 15 minute increments to the end of a recording, but not to the end of a show.

Why virgin would think jumping to the end of a show is a useful feature defeats me, I can understand having a feature that saves time on fast forwarding

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Most Useless information on a help page.

Use it all the time as then you press the left button and delete quicker than going back out of the programme.
When you have padding on a recording and there is still more than 6 minutes left it's the easiest way.
Football highlights programme. Only want to see your team and so once watched skip to end and delete quicker.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Most Useless information on a help page.

@michaeldavis wrote:

I may have read this incorrectly but under what circumstances would anyone use this :
How to use your Virgin TV remote
Fast forward and rewind
While fast forwarding, press and hold Skip Forward to jump to the end of a recorded show.

It will jump ahead in 15 minute increments to the end of a recording, but not to the end of a show.

Why virgin would think jumping to the end of a show is a useful feature defeats me, I can understand having a feature that saves time on fast forwarding

Whilst you're right that it should also say that just pressing the skip button when fast forwarding/rewinding will skip to the next white bar (which may be as much as 30/45/60 minutes on long recordings as the skip points are spaced further apart than 15 minutes then), it is correct in saying "...press and hold..." the skip button to jump to the end of the programme (the holding of the button being what changes it's functionality).

The ability to jump all the way to the end (or indeed all the way back to the start) can be useful as suggested by BinghamBloke, but also if you want to get to the last 45/30/15 minutes of a long recording you can jump all the way to the end then skip back in increments to the white bars, potentially saving time/key presses on jumping step-by-step from the front.

It may not be the most widely used function, but it's there for those that want it.

Keith

Superuser1718.png