Menu
Cianain54
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Missold Package

Last year, at the end of July 2018 we were 'decanted' from our normal address to our current one whilst repairs and upgrades were being made to our old property. I arranged for the disconnection from my old property and arranged for reconnection at my new address. When making the appointment to have services connected here, the Customer Advisor explained what services would be included - including the new Virgin TV V6 box which was designed for HD ready TVs connected by HDMI connector. I explained that, at the moment, I only had an old Cathode Ray Tube that only had a coxial or SCART connector - and that I was planning to take my old set top TiVo box with me. All I need was my existing services reconnected at the new address. I was told by the Customer Advisor that if I signed up for the new contract, I could continue to use my old set top TiVo Box - but the benefit would be that I would only have to pay £88pm (& I would have the second box if I needed to use it) - which was less than I was paying up til then. Sounded like a good deal to me, so I signed up - but still made it clear that I only had one TV, and that it was an old CRT TV set with only a Coaxial/SCART connection. No problem I was told. When the contract was emailed to me, I scrolled through it without reading it and electronically signed it. Since then I have been receiving bills for the true cost of the service I had apparently signed for - and not for the £88 pm that was promised. I checked the electronic contract and saw that it was for £125pm - not £88pm as promised. As each bill came in, I queried my bill and again referred to the £88pm cost I was drawn in by. Each Advisor said they would look into the matter and make the necessary corrections. I even said that they could have the TV V6 box back as it was of no use to me. I was told that a return box would be sent to me. Neither promises were kept. My last telephone call questioning my bill was made today. The Advisor listened to what I said and asked me if I had anything in writing that would confirm my claim of cost £88pm. I had to admit that I didn't. I also had to admit that the email contract that I had electronically signed (but never read thoroughly) had shown the monthly cost was £125pm (even despite this, I am being charged £129pm for the service). I feel that I have been missold this service - especially as I made it clear at the time of arranging for reconnection that I only had one TV set with only a coxial/SCART connector. I have also been led to believe during each subsequent telephone call to Virgin Media, that my compliant was being looked into. What can I do about this? I do not want to leave Virgin Media (I have been with them since the days of TeleWest) - but I am being charged for a service that I don't need and cannot use.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missold Package

Hi there Cianain54. 

Thank you so much for your post - I am so sorry that you have been having this issues since you moved home. 

I have located your account from your forum information so have popped you a Private Message so we can go through security and help you out Smiley Happy 

Please look out for the purple envelope and reply when you can Smiley Happy 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos