mks123456
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Missing 15 minutes from Catch Up & recordings

Request Entity Too Large

The requested resource
/
does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.

I get this response every time, so cannot post for help.

Have just had vm installed. Am not impressed so far. Watched one programme on catch up and it didn't show the last 15 minutes. Son recorded a programme and it didn't record the first 15 minutes. Never had that happen with Sky. Anyone know what we have done wrong or how to ensure that the whole programme records? Thanks in advance

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No access

Hi mks123456,

Welcome to community 🙂

Sorry to hear of your trouble posting, I hope that's all resolved now given that you were able to post? If you're still seeing the error could you try clearing your cache & cookies please and try again. We have seen this issue in the past and doing so generally clears it, we're working to understand why this happens on community.

Also sorry to hear about the catch up & recording issues - just to check, do you know if the show started at the advertised time? Did the recording end at the correct point, or continue for an additional 15 minutes (just to establish if the start & end were 15 minutes out, or just the start)? We do have some guidance around recording and playback issues on Virgin TV which may be helpful to check through for common issues.

Get back to me when you get chance - and if you have any other planned recordings in the meantime, I'd be curious to know if these suffered similar issues. It might be worth your son searching for the show within Catch Up and On Demand on your box to fill in the missing 15 missing.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
mks123456
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing 15 minutes from Catch Up & recordings

Thank you, Kev.
It was the first 15 minutes of the recording. Programme started on time. Settings were for 1 minute before and 4 minutes after. After I posted, his tivo 6 box went into start up mode for 8 hours. Ran online diagnostics and it said that both boxes were ok. Had a web chat with vm, they tested it and said that it was broken and will have to be replaced. Not a good introduction to vm.
0 Kudos