After an EPIC battle regarding subtitles in the app (11 months to resolve!) there now appears to be a problem with the subtitles in the TV.
I watch Colors TV from India with English subtitles and in the last month, I have found that an episode will start with the subtitles, but then a line will either freeze or there'll be no line but someone speaking. Then I rewind a little bit - maybe 10 to 15 seconds - and suddenly what the person is saying has subtitles! So it appears that there *are* subtitles in the programme because otherwise, they wouldn't suddenly appear and be in sync. It is really frustrating because they'll normally only be two sentences and then this repeats and I have to rewind 10 to 15 seconds and then get that piece of text to come up only for it to happen again less than 30 seconds later. Through a whole episode it is really draining to have to sit and do this throughout a half hour episode!
Is there anything that you know of or have experienced that could explain this? or even help to resolve this ? I'd be incredibly grateful for any help.
Since the V6 software update a couple of weeks ago, the subtitles on programmes recorded on on the V6 box keep going out of sync when the programme is played back. The subtitles keep skipping forward ahead of the dialogue on screen. If you rewind a few seconds, the subtitles are displayed correctly in sync, but after about 30 seconds, they start to skip forward again. It is impossible trying to watch a V6 recorded programme along with subtitles because of this.
It only happens on certain channels such as ITV3 and 5USA. If you watch the programme at the same time it is being transmitted (ie. Not recorded and later back on the V6 box) the subtitles are displayed correctly in sync with the dialogue on screen. The out of sync subtitles are therefore due to a fault in the V6 software, and NOT due to the broadcaster.
I've found that watching the programme in slow motion gets the subtitles back in sync but it isn't really practical to watch a whole show in slow motion ;-) And as you say, after x - seconds, you have to do it again.
Ah. Maybe that explains why I had to turn off subtitles last night on The Brokenwood Mysteries recorded from Drama. They were doing exactly as mentioned in these posts. I assumed it was bad subtitling by the production company, but perhaps not.
A simple possible solution may be to switch off the V6 box, via the on/off switch on the rear of the unit, wait 30 seconds and switch the power back on. A large number of issues are often resolved by this method.