Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media service off again

GHA1
Joining in

Is there a problem with the tv service in the Newcastle area 

146 REPLIES 146

My Tivo wont find any apps and wont connect to the virginmedia service even after re-starting the box a couple of times. Any ideas?

Hi @pot-shadley 

The issue is connected to the power outage suffered by VM this morning.

The Network still isn't functioning, but they are undoubtedly working on it.

It's a case of patience, patience, patience.

🙄

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

APPS/CATCHUP NOW WORKING

830 AM 3/12/2021

The network is now fixed and working, I connected to virgin this morning in settings network and it loaded, took 5 mins and now apps and catchup are working and all tv channels still OK.

Good work by the virgin media engineers, the system is now fixed following the power outage.

I note my V6 only offers the "change network settings" if not connected. Yesterday I plugged in an ethernet cable for testing my V6 box and it has to be unplugged to enable the change network settings and reconnect the wifi option after searching for the ssid.

So if an ethernet cable is connected to the V6 it dissables the option in network settings- "change  network settings", I presume that is normal?

Is is suprising how dependant we are on TV services and miss them when they stop working, the many posts were all helpful thanks.

alf28

@Steve1701

Thanks for that and all good now!

Thanks for the info. Please we are all back to normal.

Merry Christmas to all our members!

Good to hear.

All the Best Everyone ...

🎅🌲🎅

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ALF28 wrote:

So if an ethernet cable is connected to the V6 it dissables the option in network settings- "change  network settings", I presume that is normal?

@ALF28 

Yes, an Ethernet connection will override a wireless one. This is by design.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks