Did you mean: 

Media service off again

GHA1
Joining in

Is there a problem with the tv service in the Newcastle area 

146 REPLIES 146

not even close Mckyla we are in lincolnshire

I misspelled the title 

I have V53 on some channels in north east, trying a reboot of V6 which restarts the tv box.

This did not work.

It seemed to be updating channels again past 33%, but many still missing.

Network will not connect to VM, negotiating fails, mine brought up a green screen with timer circle.

Main channels 101 to 104 OK,  and some other channels work, others do not with error V53.

If you have freeview that is working fine and V6 recordings still function

alf28

Mine now seems to be up and running now 

DeeBrew
Joining in

My TV channels went down about 10.30 this morning after a call with Virgin Iwhere I was asked to check this and that. The lady told me it would be down for 4 hours but I am worried as I didn't know what I was actually doing. I keep getting different error codes this latest one is V53. I am disabled and I live alone 

There’s a national outage, Virgin identified it at about 11am so don’t worry I highly you brought the TV service down for everyone 🙂 @deeBrew

FerdVal
Joining in

Hi there 

My Virgin TV has been down since 1115am this mornkng.  

Some TV stations are reinstated but only channels 1-4.

Can I please have an update on what happened and when you expect my TV service to be fully resumed?

Ahhh the poor VM tech guys are playing whackamole.

They fix one thing and something else breaks. I finally got some of my tv and internet back yesterday after a month and today they have a national outage.

You couldn't make it up.

However in an attempt to help other people out, some general info as of 14.45

I've just rebooted my Router and my V6 box and 101-104 are working as is 113, 114 (ITV and +1) but that's about it.

Recordings work but on demand and apps like youtube, netflix and Amazon Prime don't (Unless you have a smart tv in which case the'll work via the tv itself but not through VM).

Error codes seen so far are V53, C133, V210, N17 and a couple of others which i'll add when i remember them.

Add me to the list, the green "no internet" icon is on the V6 box.

Fortunately BB working ok and email.