Menu
knewell3
Joining in
Message 21 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Re: Manifest on demand

Its so annoying, I've called them so many times today and yesterday and haven't managed to speak to anyone my last option to vent my anger (with alot of swearing) was here, with a bit of luck someone from Virgin will read it and contact me, wishful thinking?

Celtic_Cobweb
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Don't be daft! They're not at all interested in keeping customers informed and happy.

The call centre staff were obviously in the dark about the problem, just rudely insisting on a full reboot.

I wasted over an hour yesterday morning ... even the first episode, which I'd recorded, has disappeared from My Shows.

I'm beginning to believe it's a problem similar to when UKTV Play pulled the plug and we lost several channels. Eventually they were returned when Virgin came to an agreement with them.

I've stuck with Virgin since they were Cable Tel, and I was unhappy with Sky. I'm really really pee'd off now though.

Battybalou
Tuning in
Message 23 of 59
Flag for a moderator

I decided to get a free 7 day trial of NowTV and am happily watching it on there with NO issues whatsoever.  Sorted.

Skipy100
Joining in
Message 24 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Been on Virgin media for about 5 months tempted over from sky with cheap TV. Ever since installed never had service that I pay for. TV picture pixelates badly all connections in house changed several times. New cable into home changed. Had new V6 box still the same. The last so-called engineer was in my living room on Google trying to find the answer to the problem came up with my new top off the range Samsung TV was the problem. spoke to the Muppets in India many times and yes I have rebooted the box. Finally tomorrow getting a senior engineer out to supposedly fix it. To top it all the on-demand and box sets is a joke. Been told if he does not fix it I can cancel my subscription been told I will no be held to the contract. I should not say this but I'm half  hoping he doesn't

Ellieangelz
Tuning in
Message 25 of 59
Flag for a moderator

If you have the VIRGIN TV GO app then you can watch Manifest on there, its still on there and works fine, just means you have to watch it on a phone, ipad/tablet or computer. Its just on demand via tv its not working on

Celtic_Cobweb
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Still available on the Virgin TV Go app.

It's all daft!! I seriously think were being kept in the dark over the real problem. I also think it's disgusting that Virgin have removed my recording of the pilot episode.

Celtic_Cobweb
On our wavelength
Message 27 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Yes, but who wants to watch it on a tiny phone screen, tablet or laptop.

The night it went off I had friends round ... we were having a binge watch before my friend flew to America. Part of the reason was her flight ... we were all discussing what she'd do if it happened to her.

So that was only inconvenient... I've ended up out of pocket ... and miserable.

0 Kudos
deanmadden
Tuning in
Message 28 of 59
Flag for a moderator

I went back to the old school way of watching streamed shows on the tv. Connected my laptop to the tv with a hdmi cable and watched on the virgin go website.

86shell
Settling in
Message 29 of 59
Flag for a moderator

I hope this is sorted soon, my sister is now 5 episodes in (on Now TV) and I've only been able to watch one.... Might be time to switch providers! 

Celtic_Cobweb
On our wavelength
Message 30 of 59
Flag for a moderator

I was about to watch the 5th episode when the stupid 'unavailable blah blah' message popped up.

For the last, almost, 48 hrs I've been trying to find the truth ... hurumph!!! Impossible ... passed from pillar to post ... ended up being told the just provide the channels and I need to ask Sky!!!

0 Kudos