Menu
Celtic_Cobweb
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Re: Manifest on demand

There wasn't any Service updates available last night ... obviously the first thing I did was check for any issues.

🤬🤬🤬

0 Kudos
lang123
Joining in
Message 12 of 59
Flag for a moderator

So Virgin Media how long are we expected to wait for this to be fixed? It's been 24 hours already. I signed up for text updates on this issue last night and got a text this morning to say the problem was fixed which is clearly not true. I'm so fed up of the constant issues with Virgin Media!! Rest assured that when our contract is up we are moving to another provider. My friend has Sky and is able to watch the show, no problems. What exactly are we paying money for every month for such a sub-standard service?! The problem now doesn't even exist on my account service status - so there's now not even a time frame for when this will be resolved! An absolute joke...

Battybalou
Tuning in
Message 13 of 59
Flag for a moderator

I've just checked to see if Manifest is back yet. And NO it isn't. It's showing the episodes but when I click on them there is no link to watch it now. So disappointed Smiley Sad Told my friend how good this series is and she wants to watch it too. Hoping it's fixed soon as I've been waiting since yesterday evening.

0 Kudos
PhilSt
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 59
Flag for a moderator

"Some" of our customers? Or all of them?

This is unfortunately classic Virgin Media snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. For once this hasn't been stuck away on Sky Atlantic, for once it is all to be available on streaming on day one, VM and Sky have been plugging the hell out of it for weeks, we all see the first episode and are ready to go on the rest and............ not just not available but we are all spending time trying and retrying and rebooting and restaring wifi and routers and extenders and seems some people are also wasting time being  treated like idiots by call centre users with scripts who just need to know and ask "are you trying to watch manifest from on demand". 

Can't wait to find out what the problem is and whether it is Sky related or VM related but I guess we will never know.

Total own goal though. Hype hype hype hype........... splat. Very very disappointing.

0 Kudos
ThoReLiTe
Joining in
Message 15 of 59
Flag for a moderator

I do not get why everyone is upset ??? Virgin are a muli-million pound company who use call-centres in India to keep costs down and maximise profits, Employ the minimum amount of engineers, again to maximise profits and charge us loyal customers alot every month (upfront). I am unhappy at not being able to watch the show, I was on Ep5, But look on the bright side, Virgin will compensate you thrupence hapenny as you cannot use the service you have already paid for.

0 Kudos
Ellieangelz
Tuning in
Message 16 of 59
Flag for a moderator

Why has it completely disappeared from on demand yet it is available on virgin go and actually plays? Though i dont want to watch it on my phone i want to watch it on my tv with my partner

0 Kudos
Mb123456789
Tuning in
Message 17 of 59
Flag for a moderator

It’s just not good enough. I was previously a long serving sky customer and recently gave in to the temptation to join Virgin Media during a sale.

Worst mistake ever! 😭

I’m not used to this. I’ve suffered a number of issues unrelated to this post, some minor, some more major including not being able to use my mobile phone for over a day! I’m not unrealistic and accept things will go wrong from time to time, but the last 3 months with Virgin have been worse than the previous 10 years with Sky.

The worst of it is, when there is a problem, there is no one to contact. Last night when I found I couldn’t continue watching Manifest, after spending 20-30 minutes going through the automated reboot service, I spent another 50 minutes talking to a foreign call centre who can’t understand me, I can’t understand them, they have no idea what my problem is and certainly don’t know how to fix it, even once they finally grasp the nature of the problem. I asked to raise a complaint and have yet to hear anything. I rang back again this evening and spent another 45 minutes wasting my time. No support what so ever. Im amazed Virgin are still going with this kind of support! 

When I check the service status it doesn’t say there is a fault and I certainly cannot get text updates. If it wasn’t for me googling the problem myself and finding this thread I wouldn’t know it was a nationwide issue. How does the second largest telecom provider in the UK operate like that?? I am honestly gob smacked how poor Virgin are.

I was tempted by BT sports and all of the sky channels, mobile phone and ultra fast broadband all in one package. If anyone reading this is also tempted.. DONT!! It isn’t all of the sky channels, there was no mention sky Atlantic wasn’t in the package, and I didn’t realise it wasn’t prior to sign up. Didn’t realise ‘all of the sky channels’ meant ‘all of the sky channels except the one with the best box sets’. My partner essentially thinks I’ve swapped the likes of game of thrones and big little lies for BT sports and now I’m the bad guy! The ultra fast broadband is fast, but has had no impact on my life. We can’t even tell we’re on a different broadband. And I’m not even going to comment on the mobile service, but there’s a reason you probably don’t know anyone with a Virgin phone.

The moral of the story? Stay with Sky and BT. Spend the extra few quid. It is totally worth it. Roll on 9 months when I can go back to provider capable of providing the services I pay for. I can’t wait to hear those wee Scottish Sky guys and negotiating my new package next year!

Kevster2005
Joining in
Message 18 of 59
Flag for a moderator

After being on the phone for 45mins then I got hung up on, I think because I was arguing with their staff as she could not answer my questions.

Anyways the broadcaster have taken MANIFEST off line on demand FOR VIRGIN MEDIA CUSTOMERS

So sky one have taken it off virgin media, as sky one customers can still view it. 

It may be because virgin media have not paid their bill again. I left virgin when sky one was taken off virgin media a few years ago. 

VIRGIN MEDIA SORT YOUR SELVES OUT OR YOU WILL BE LOSING MORE CUSTOMERS!

And why have you guys not virgin media told your customer ??

0 Kudos
knewell3
Joining in
Message 19 of 59
Flag for a moderator

I got to episode 7 then it all disappeared,  I've tried calling the idiots at Virgin for 2 days now and still can't get through to anyone.

They take our money quick enough, I'm fuming..i want some compensation, theyre in breach of the contract we have with them, we pay for the 'On Demand' service and cant access it.

VIRGIN MEDIA SORT YOUR **bleep** OUT!!

USELESS [removed]

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

Celtic_Cobweb
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 59
Flag for a moderator

I managed to have the patience to hold on for almost an hour, was spoken to as if I was dumb.

The call centre obviously were completely unaware ... and just went through the switch this off ... press that ... stand on your head and count to 100  type of thing.

Really annoying, it was The Rook a couple of weeks ago ... but Manifest was so hyped ... I'm sure other viewers with Sky will ensure the end will be known to all. Grrrrr