cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M58 error and no TV Guide information

michmash1111
Joining in

Hello, have had no TV guide for a while and am being quoted M58.

Have tried the suggested solutions but to no avail. Any ideas? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Assuming you definitely have a TiVo and not a V6 (if you're not sure, check here ), the box has its internet connection inbuilt, this error is often symptomatic of your box not having been connected to VM's network for an extended period of time. You've not said specifically what you've already tried, so I won't make any assumptions.

1: Does your OnDemand service work? This also uses the same internet connection and if your box has been deactivated, this might also not work.

2: Do you have any flashing green LEDs on the front-left of your box - the one next to the heartbeat symbol is what needs checking. Flashing green = bad. Solid green = good.

Assuming the 'net is good, and your VoD also works - follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to Virgin Media services now. Wait perhaps 30minutes and re-check.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Assuming you definitely have a TiVo and not a V6 (if you're not sure, check here ), the box has its internet connection inbuilt, this error is often symptomatic of your box not having been connected to VM's network for an extended period of time. You've not said specifically what you've already tried, so I won't make any assumptions.

1: Does your OnDemand service work? This also uses the same internet connection and if your box has been deactivated, this might also not work.

2: Do you have any flashing green LEDs on the front-left of your box - the one next to the heartbeat symbol is what needs checking. Flashing green = bad. Solid green = good.

Assuming the 'net is good, and your VoD also works - follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to Virgin Media services now. Wait perhaps 30minutes and re-check.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi michmash1111.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/m58  suggests the box hadn't connected to the VM service for around 30 days.

Have you double checked all your cabling as per the help pages?

And more specifically followed the instructions on m58/step2  ?

If you done all that then you need to contact TV Faults by calling 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ah yes, it’s a V6 box and not a TiVo. No flashing lights at the front and I have tried following the instructions via ‘Help’ and it said I wasn’t connected via Ethernet. Have checked cable and all is fine. Any ideas?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@michmash1111  - I've moved your post to the V6 board,

Having taken a quick look at your post history, I suspected as much - hence asking to be sure. Forget the advice for green lights, that was TiVo-specific.

First thing then - your V6 gets its internet connection from your homehub, so how are the 2 connected? Ethernet or WiFi? An Ethernet cable connected to your V6 will disable the WiFi even if it's connected to thin-air.

Same question re your OnDemand working, it still uses the internet so helps prove that bit. And in the network connections screen, the top-right corner reports your connection status - what do you see?

If a connection is reported as present (and is evidenced by VOD working), then do the same thing - "Connect to Virgin Media services now" at the bottom. If somewhere along this train of thought you're tripping up - please explain where and how.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @michmash1111

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing an error with your TV guide, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

How have things been since posting? 

If you could please answer the questions asked by @japitts above this would be helpful in narrowing down the issue so we can get the issue sorted for you. 

Please get back to us and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide