Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of sound when changing channels with V6 box

Hello Pclarke871,

Thanks for your post, I am sorry your Mum is having these sounds issues, have you been able to get this resolved?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
shane_gregory
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I just bought a Sony Bravia TV and I am havign the same issue - do we know if a firmware update will be coming out to resolve the issue?

0 Kudos
mcmav
Tuning in
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I to have this issue. Tried different HDMI cables. Have ordered 2 more high speed cables to try but this issue seems to be worse for me with the V6 outputting 4k video than it was with 1080i though it still happened. If I switch the hdmi channel on my AV receiver to another input and back the audio comes back.

0 Kudos
mcmav
Tuning in
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Wee update. New cables came. Problem still there. So I've changed the audio grom Dolby Digital to Dolby Digital to PCM and the problem has gone.

Not ideal but at least it stops the drop out.

0 Kudos
lilacjc
Joining in
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I am also having this problem with my V6 box. It has started to drop the sound on every channel change. I have not had any change of equipment and have tried a new HDMI cable but nothing is working. Can you tell me if a solution was found?

0 Kudos
ClaireEll
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

With more frequency when switching on my Sony Bravia oled tv there is no picture and I get the android screen saver, yes I have tried changing  the hdmi cable, sometimes I have to switch the tv on and off 3 times, there is definitely an issue with V6 box and sony TVs 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
lilacjc
Joining in
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I had an engineer come out and he said it was normal for the sound to cut out when changing channel etc. When I told him it was  something that had just started to happen and other people were having the same problem he said the only option would be to change the V6 box. 

I decided to keep the box I have for now as there were recordings on there that I needed to keep and my data could not be transferred to a new box.

After the engineer left I turned everything off for 15 minutes and after the reboot the sound has been fine and I have had no further issues.  Not sure if you have tried a reboot but thought I would let you know it has worked for me so far.

0 Kudos
ClaireEll
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I will try that 

0 Kudos