cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of broadband AND tv service regularly

shirleywhite
Dialled in

Four times now in the last couple of weeks we have lost both broadband and tv services. The status page acknowledges these faults and generally services have come back after a few hours. 

Several weeks ago we had an engineer visit who corrected a pixellating tv picture - but he said at the time that "virgin are replacing green boxes throughout the croydon area in the next few weeks and some services may be disrupted".

I assume my recent loss of services may be connected to this work?.  Can mods confirm please?  And especially confirm when these upgrades might be completed?  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"Service disruption" I would normally take to mean intermittent loss of service, rather than pixellation which is usually caused by poor incoming signal.

The automated status line is often the most reliable source for local loss-of-service scenarios- 0800 5610061.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Appreciate the quick reply japitts but maybe my original message wasn't quite clear enough(!). The pixellation was as you say poor signal quality and was fixed by the engineer. It was just as he was leaving that he warned that there was a program of upgrading due to start throughout Croydon - and he was gently warning that we might have some loss of services. We have suffered that 4 times in the last couple of weeks. Both the status page and the helpline number report that services are down - and generally give an estimated fix time of a few hours.
My query is just to confirm that my outages are caused by this "Croydon upgrade program" and how long this is going to last?
Regards.
PS I am fairly confident that this is a more general "croydon" problem rather than just me-because my son in CR2 (I am CR0) has also suffered similar outages.

Another outage this morning.  Hub flashing green and tv reporting error W02. Tried full reboots but still flashing green hub ( no internet) and tv showing network availability error C133.  The status check i just did on my phone reports "issues on broadband and tv" in my postcode.

Is this still part of a croydonwide issue?   Or is there a particular problem with just my services?

Hi shirleywhite

Thanks for posting - apologies for the service issues. Looking at the system it was an area outage that was fixed on the day.

Everything is looking fine today but do please let me know if you're experiencing any further issues, I'll be more than happy to help.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill