cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of HD channels

ForestChe
Tuning in

Hi All,

I recently upgraded to the Ultimate oomph bundle through retentions and for the first few weeks all was fine.

Yesterday, however, all the Sky Sports HD channels had been unsubscribed.

Have tried to recover them via tv care to no avail.

Does anyone know what happened and why?

Thanks, 

Clive 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I may have misunderstood here, but....

If you're missing individual channels on one multi-room box that are working on the other, that's likely an account-level issue.

Your co-ax cable provides the live TV signal, but it doesn't dictate the choice of channels. That's what your account codes do.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

At the outset, you're definitely using a V6 and haven't chosen to "migrate" to 360? Check here for the remotes (the point of difference) and "TiVo" next to the video preview in your menus?

On the basis that you are... are you saying you still have the SD channels in 510 upwards, but the 50x HD variants are greyed out in your EPG?

Then... follow the "Refresh my channel list" via Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care (that it sounds like you may already have), a precautionary reboot via Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart - can't hurt.

If all these steps fail, there's a very good chance the HD channels aren't on your subscription and you'll be best off calling into get that corrected. It's odd for them to "drop off" without something triggering it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @ForestChe,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened to you, have you been able to speak to the team at all since you last posted.

I have been able to locate your account and can see that the package upgrade didn't go ahead as planned and has now been removed from the system without going ahead.

Did you recieve any confirmation from the team about the package that was offered to you? 

Regards,

Steven_L 

Hi, thanks for replying and apologies for the delay in responding.

Yes, I received a confirmation email on the 6th July,

I'm mystified as to why it was removed....

I haven't contacted the team yet

Regards, 

Clive. 

Hi Clive, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

If you can give the team a call on 0345 454 1111 they will be able to take a look at what happened and they can process the upgrade again for you. 

Let us know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

Ended up back at retentions and have now been upgraded further so hopefully it'll all go to plan this time.....

Your colleague Liam was very helpful although he also had no idea why it was cancelled.

Regards,

Clive 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for keeping us updated on this Clive, really glad to hear Liam was able to help get it sorted.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you encounter any more issues.

Tom 

Hi again,

Having had the 360 for a few days now, the minibox has lost channels on movies and sports...

The same engineer who did the v6 install did the 360 and while he was here my partner mentioned why we were being upgraded again and he said the loss of HD channels may have been due to the co-ax connector thingy.

He maybe should have replaced it. 

Regards, 

Clive 20210904_122435_compress31.jpg

Hi "the coxial thingy" would have no bearing on it, if you are receiving a signal you should be getting the channels you have ordered. Regards Micky

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I may have misunderstood here, but....

If you're missing individual channels on one multi-room box that are working on the other, that's likely an account-level issue.

Your co-ax cable provides the live TV signal, but it doesn't dictate the choice of channels. That's what your account codes do.