cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Chanel 5HD

palcouk
On our wavelength

About 7/10 days ago lost access to Ch5HD by that I mean when selected it doesn't connect shows a pixilated pic of the previous channel that was been watched, occasionally comes up with error code V53. We have had the same VM pkge for some years. The TV has updated as has the box. Restarting the box & TV by powering off (done 3 times) has no impact.

Can record Ch5HD but the recording cannot be played.

All other channels OK.

Also suffer occasional pixilation when watching a program, also happens with a recorded program.  and occasional sound glitch ie sound goes off for a second. These happen on any channel, and real time or recorded.

Called VM support, and after giving Box s/n which it would seem they could not identify, and having me restart box/tv  They stated the issue would be forwarded to Tech & my sys would be updated. 

1 day later nothing has changed

Regards

David 

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you followed the instructions for   virgin-tv-error-codes/v53 ?    Error code V53 is often due to a local outage/fault, or cable connections, especially the white coaxial cable which should be tight and secure. 

Check the service status at the top of the page. You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

The picture at the bottom of this post shows the other channels on the same mux as CH5 HD.  If you have access to those channels and the same issues occur then it's probably  a signal fault and you'll likely need an engineer visit.

If the other channels are unaffected then it's more than likely a box fault which will need replacing.

Whichever way, you will need to contact the Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am, or mid afternoon tea time to avoid call queues 

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise that you've used the online faults checker and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up.

If not and you get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support, ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

palcouk
On our wavelength

Done all that, the other channels you listed are all fine

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so call VM and report it. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. They can do these while you're on the phone to them.

In your case, if you are also having issues with recorded programmes, it could also mean potential hard drive issues. If you've checked the other channels on the same broadcast mux as C5-HD, then signal problems are less likely

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

@palcouk wrote:

Called VM support, and after giving Box s/n which it would seem they could not identify, and having me restart box/tv  They stated the issue would be forwarded to Tech & my sys would be updated. 

That sounds horribly like an excuse to get you off the phone without dealing with your fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

palcouk
On our wavelength
After the second call to VM, an engineer came out, found the signal was degraded, went up to their box up the road, and fiddled with it. Signal now all OK

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Good outcome!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi palcouk, 
Thanks for coming back to your thread and updating things. 
We're glad things are resolved for you now. If you have any further issues going forward then pop back to the Community.
Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

palcouk
On our wavelength
Finally the engineer came out and confirmed there was a problem at the Network street box, which he repaired