cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing signal on TV apps

Niclips
Joining in

It is impossible to find a way to talk to someone from customer services.

when watching apps…..Now TV, Netflix, you tube etc. I am constantly losing signal. Every half an hour or so, the app will stop, or buffer or just turn blurry. If I turn Tv off for a couple of mins and then turn it back on it seems to work again for a little while.

a couple of months ago, I was sent a new Ethernet cable. It has made no difference,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In that case, the limit of VM's involvement is your home broadband connection.

The fact you're posting on here suggests to me that's working fine, and you'd need to contact your TV manufacturer or try their online help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To avoid doubt, is your V6 connected to your home-hub by Ethernet cable?

How is your home broadband in general? Do you have any issues streaming video on other devices connected to your home broadband?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi, yes,connected with Ethernet.

wifi signal is good. Never have any problems, with phones tablets etc 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Something else I didn't spot on your post first time round...

@Niclips wrote:

when watching apps…..Now TV, Netflix, you tube etc. I am constantly losing signal. Every half an hour or so, the app will stop, or buffer or just turn blurry. If I turn Tv off for a couple of mins and then turn it back on it seems to work again for a little while.

Virgin Media doesn't carry the NowTV app, and you've mentioned turning your TV off to resolve this. Are you using these apps on your net-connected TV, or a VM set-top-box? I suspect the former, and if so - this has nothing to do with VM beyond that being your broadband connection.

And you've already mentioned that other devices on your home broadband are OK. Could you clarify what equipment you're using?

Hi. I’m using the apps on my Samsung smart Tv

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In that case, the limit of VM's involvement is your home broadband connection.

The fact you're posting on here suggests to me that's working fine, and you'd need to contact your TV manufacturer or try their online help.