cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing connectivity Fri 18th in Enfield

jenfamily1
Dialled in

Friday 18th November from about 1700 hrs throughout the whole evening until 22.30 hrs when we gave up trying to watch a programme on 'catch up' because the episode firstly froze then the little 'wheel' began whirring, either a white or two red lights appeared on the V6 box then lost connectivity altogether. Connectivity came back intermittently but either caused the episode to jump forward to the next one or wound back to the beginning. I did notice at one stage that the router / hub was resetting itself ( red / green / white lights ) which makes me think Virgin were doing something to affect my viewing. Without watching TV on Saturday 19th I noticed a couple of times that the little white light on the V6 box appeared & disappeared but as we weren't viewing anything it didn't adversely affect us. I wonder ( as I can't remember the way to find out if maintenance work is going on in one's area ) If eventually a moderator might be able to explain what happened.

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Registering for a BQM only takes 5-10 minutes and will then run silently 24/7/365 monitoring your broadband connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I've registered Dave. Thank you.

Whilst reading your reply this morning, replying to it, also 'doubles up' as a log in which I hope Virgin will look at these posts.

Last night I thought it unusual that whilst I couldn't seem to log into Netflix ( the wheel was constantly spinning ) I could log into Amazon Prime and yet whilst watching A.P the white light appeared on the hub shortly followed by the two red lights but the programme continued to run rather than lose connectivity. It is now day six that the service is causing inconvenience and I sincerely hope Virgin make some compensation for it.

Hi @jenfamily1

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

My apologies for the broadband issues. You are affected by SNR (signal to noise ratio). F010232810 - fault number. The estimated fix date is the 28th November at 3pm. Keep an eye on it after this time and let us know if having issues, we'll be happy to check. ^John

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John,

With respect, it's gone past making apologies and trying to make amends should the service not be resumed next Monday. We have been without a reliable service since 18th November and by 28th November we'd have been without it for ten days.

I don't know how your role as a moderator fits with Virgin overall  but my account should be credited with the loss of a full service for all this time.

Virgin are happily taking £86 each month from me and I want to take steps to recover some of it back. If you can advise please do so

Kind regards

Stephen

Hello jenfamily1.

Sorry to inform you of the below.

We are working as hard as we can to get this fixed.

The SNR Issue is still ongoing and due to be reviewed/fixed on the 5th December.

If you need an update, Pop back on here and quote this reference number F010232810.

Sadly we are only able to offer refunds for complete loss of service longer than 48 hours as advised here 

Gareth_L

Gareth,

Why am I not surprised at your reply especially about the bit not giving compensation unless a complete loss of service for 48hrs occurs? The odds are always stacked in Virgin's favour but this incident will serve as another nail in their coffin when it comes to renewal of the contract.

Regards Steve

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM are correct to state that the automatic compensation scheme a) Doesn't apply to TV services, and b) Has a 48working hour grace period.

That said, you may have a case for loss of service credits on the basis that you've not been provided with a service you were paying for. If you take this line though...

The credit should only apply to the parts of your package that were affected. £86/month would likely be for TV, broadband & landline. What is actually affected? Because the thread reads to me as being a broadband fault that happens to affect OnDemand. Meaning - if correct - only the broadband element would be arguable.

And you'll need to wait for the fault to be resolved to enable the loss of service to be quantifiable.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks