Menu
kevcopp99
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Live TV time delay

Hi I have got two V6 boxes .when I a watching live TV in one room then go to view on my other box .there is an obvious & annoying delay .approx 15+  seconds .so this means I have already seen .how can this be ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Live TV time delay

A delay in the same program can be as simple as one box being on eg. BBC1 HD and the other on BBC1.
There is a delay between the two channels but not 15 seconds, is is closer to 10 seconds.

Any other delay can be down to the way the boxes are connected, but I would see the delay as  bonus as it means that you can freely move from the 1st to the 2nd box and not miss anything 🙂

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
kevcopp99
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi .both boxes are hard wired to the outside .some times like a sports event or other types of show when I go from one room to another. I have already seen. Great for cheating at quiz show tho 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi kevcop99

Sorry to hear about this issue, testing the boxes from our end shows no errors at the moment.

Are you able to reboot both boxes after reading this message and let me know when you've done so? I'll take another look for you right away then.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kevcopp99
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

many thanks  for   your advice . there is now now sign af any delay . after 2  re-boots & checking that both are using the same channel number . 

0 Kudos