cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightning- everything blown up - virgin washes their hands

Gillyathome
Up to speed

Can anybody help me with a contact number / email address for the zero harm division ?

the chief exec's office is blaming "god" for lightning blowing up my TV and Computer...

does "god" only pick on 12 virgin customers at the same time ?

I've never had such a poor experience from any customer care team. been bounced

from head office to cisas, pointless waste of time.... they can't help.

457 REPLIES 457

Hi ya

Yes your totally correct , all the guy had was virgin broadband modem/router feeding his now blown up NAS box.

His thick black virgin cables that ran into his house also melted.

i'm enjoying this info gathering stage, Policeman Gilly

my cctv recorded the engineer last night telling me that ISOLATORS don't last forever, and the one I had should have been replaced...picture inc

it's 10yrs old.

also sending you some photos of my humble pad / data centre , enjoy.

backup server and APC 750 UPS.JPGExploded V6 Virgin TV box and Fried Graphics card from my pc.jpgfailed isolator before being replaced.jpgfailed isolator close up.jpgMy blown up overclocked and watercooled computer and graphics card.JPGMy Setup 1.jpg

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They last untill the break, nothing lasts forever 

more pictures showing the distance between me and the zapped house...

the London fire brigade are also very helpful. they also offer a service.

free for a basic report on the incident. and more detailed 4 page in depth report for £100

confirmation  letter today from virgin of my GDPR request,, 20 something days left on that one.

The house that got zapped, taken from my streetThe house that got zapped, taken from my streetview from the junctionview from the junctionlooking back to my houselooking back to my house

Having not heard anything since the engineer visited on Wednesday this week, I called to find out what the plan was.

there wasn't any plan ? amazing

after explaining the saga, a few cable swaps and speed tests later the guy agreed I had a problem this time.

he's booked another engineer for later this week.

05-08 speed test.JPGvirgin report.JPG

Just realised the speed test site virgin ask me to use, has been logging my tests.

05-08 speed test 2.JPG

Just visited the chap with the melted and rock hard network cable/ blown up nas box. for the photos of his exploded NAS.

I was advised by a virgin rep that his house insurance paid out for him.

This isn't the case, he's still waiting for the customer services manager than visited us both to come back to him.

he would have chased it, but he's not well.

he's going to email me the photos of his NAS box. I hope virgin finally decide to do the honourable thing.

OFCOM don't deal with individual complaints. they will talk to me now 🙂

ive re-contacted OFCOM. this time to log an official complaint. I've been given a ref number. they will be in touch.

Gilly

looking back over the months. 28th may - 6 aug.

i feel virgin replaced my V6 box in under a week, so they could continue to bill me.

They haven’t stopped either.

my new V6 hasn't been activated/setup since it was replaced. As i don’t have a working tv anymore.

customer services where happy to replace my equipment when i first reported the issue.

i then get a call offering me 2 months free tv&bb instead.

the computer i use %99 of the time you've also exploded so what’s the point of free bb&tv

I rejected that final offer and wasn't offered anything else.

your deadlock letter contained everything i was asking for, you directed me to cisas for adjudication anyway.

you should have been aware of cisas's rules for adjudication (being a chief exec). i didn't fit them.

Please check rule 2.2.x of cisas's rules before referring customers please.

Talking to trading standards after this utter fiasco, they asked me to ask you again for another

Impartial arbitrator. you ignored my request.

You offered a claim pack instead, to this day i don’t actually believe that exists. You didn’t send me one.

The first virgin engineer that turned up to replace the V6 hadn’t been told why he'd been called out.

Even though i had explained to customer services - lightning is what had happened.

i was expecting 2, maybe more people here to assess the damage, but he wasn't here to do that, just swap the box.

ive had weeks of complaints to virgin about my internet , I’m relying on that for everything.

And that doesn’t even work properly.

i think what should have happened after the customer services manager

and network manager visited the lightning hit house with me.

once they'd seen the state of the cables at the house. Also the guys cables 2 door along - all melted

they would then test each cable run from the affected cabinet.

more out of health and safety than my speed tests behaving like a yoyo.

Visit every house and make sure the isolator doesn’t need replacing.

Self installs , is all virgins idea after all ! – not mine.

if they'd have done that they maybe would have found my problem sooner and not months later.

poor show really i think.

I now have a very thick folder of evidence. I think I've overwhelmed the poor lady at the citizens advise with information. a BIG thank you to her.

a big thank you to the lovely lady at UK power network for all her help today.

sorry also to Justin for the weeks of missed skype guitar lessons every Sunday morning

from Romford to Wellington, New Zealand.

he's the chap in the cowboy hat. Enjoy the tune 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLzPgBXHAJQ

as normal, I will keep you updated on my progress.

Gilly.

looking back over the months. 28th may - 6 aug.

i feel virgin replaced my V6 box in under a week, so they could continue to bill me.

They haven’t stopped either.

my new V6 hasn't been activated/setup since it was replaced. As i don’t have a working tv anymore.

customer services where happy to replace my equipment when i first reported the issue.

i then get a call offering me 2 months free tv&bb instead.

the computer i use %99 of the time you've also exploded so what’s the point of free bb&tv

I rejected that final offer and wasn't offered anything else.

your deadlock letter contained everything i was asking for, you directed me to cisas for adjudication anyway.

you should have been aware of cisas's rules for adjudication (being a chief exec). i didn't fit them.

Please check rule 2.2.x of cisas's rules before referring customers please.

Talking to trading standards after this utter fiasco, they asked me to ask you again for another

Impartial arbitrator. you ignored my request.

You offered a claim pack instead, to this day i don’t actually believe that exists. You didn’t send me one.

The first virgin engineer that turned up to replace the V6 hadn’t been told why he'd been called out.

Even though i had explained to customer services - lightning is what had happened.

i was expecting 2, maybe more people here to assess the damage, but he wasn't here to do that, just swap the box.

ive had weeks of complaints to virgin about my internet , I’m relying for everything.

And that and that doesn’t even work properly.

i think what should have happened after the customer services manager

and network manager visited the lightning hit house with me.

once they'd seen the state of the cables at the house. Also the guys cables 2 door along - all melted

they would then test each cable run from the affected cabinet.

more out of health and safety than my speed tests behaving like a yoyo.

Visit every house and make sure the isolator doesn’t need replacing.

Self installs , is all virgins idea after all ! – not mine.

if they'd have done that they maybe would have found my problem sooner and not months later.

poor show really i think.

I now have a very thick folder of evidence. Thanks to the lady at the Citizens Advice... sorry for swamping you with information.

a big thank you to the lovely lady at UK power network for all her help today.

sorry also to Justin for the weeks of missed skype guitar lessons every Sunday morning

from Romford to Wellington, New Zealand.

Gilly