Menu
Highlighted
jason7279
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Lg tv

Can some help,as of Saturday my LG TV comes up with no signal,when trying to watch virgin,I have had virgin out,and they have changed box,put it on another TV and works fine!!!!!! But I can watch other devices through my LG TV in all hdmi ports and works fine,virgin say it the TV,and LG say its virgin???????? Help please

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lg tv

Hi presumably you are selecting the right input setting on the TV.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
jason7279
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes mate I am

0 Kudos
Jim166
Dialled in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you have more than one hdmi port on the TV try swapping it over and see if it then works. I have had the same problem in the past, swapping hdmi ports until I was on the last one, when that went had all the ports renewed on the set under guarantee and I haven't had them out yet to replace the box that has now given up. I think this is caused by the box going kaput and knocking the port out with it, although sometimes other devices will still work . Was the weather thunder and lightning around when the box went down by any chance?

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This is a known compatibility issue with some TVs when the HDMI handshake doesn't work. Try powering off both the the TV and V6, powering the TV back on and then the V6.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
jason7279
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi mate,have tried that and no difference,its been ok for 11 months

0 Kudos
jason7279
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The virgin engineer told me about the handshake,how do I get over this as I said it's been fine for 11 month 

0 Kudos
bolgerp
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You may have already tried this.. check to see if there are any software updates for the LG. You should find them through your TV settings... the TV will need to be connected to the internet either through wireless or ethernet. 

0 Kudos
cranforduk
Dialled in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

After about a year my LG TV no longer remembered that the input was on the VM box so when I turned it on it reverts to TV  aerial input. So now I have to select the VM input on my LG remote when I turn the TV on. About once a week it remembers the VM input setting.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi jason7279,

Thank you for reaching out with your concerns. I'm sorry that you've been having issues using your TV services.

As you've advised that the box works fine on another TV, it would suggest that the problem lies with the connection rather than the equipment itself.

How's everything been since your last comment? Have you tried the suggestions above regarding updates or manual selection? If not, please give these a go and let us know whether it helps.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos