cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of Bake Off on Catch Up

Jackiisfab
Joining in

Sorry if this is a daft question (it is my first!)

We can only get the 1st episode of the latest Bake Off on out On Demand Service.

We have just re-booted everything just in case our box needed a freshen up - it's been a long time!!

Is this the same for everyone?

Cheers 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks Lisa - I did wonder if this was due to the Red Bee issues and am not surprised. But thanks for confirming.

@Jackiisfab  - C4 have had issues with their broadcast playout for a couple of weeks now. Quite well documented online, but it's had a few knock-on effects. Music channels have been simulcasted & subtitles have been broken on several channels. It seems VoD is another knock-on issue.

It's perhaps a good reminder that recording your programmes will always be better than relying on VoD and/or streaming services, given the opportunity.

On the plus-side, they do appear to be on the road to recovery... https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/c4-regions-begin-restoration 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'd always recommend recording programmes you know you'll want to watch, then it's on your V6's hard drive for whenever you want to view it.

But... yes, I agree S12 E1 (shown on 21st Sept) is listed on VoD but nothing since. Given that E4 goes out tomorrow night, I make that two episodes missing. They're on the All-4 app for V6 users in the meantime, but are clearly missing from VoD.

@ModTeam  - can this be checked for being a known fault, or raised if necessary? Thanks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hello,

We're aware of the missing episodes for this series and it has been logged under F009335909. We don't have an estimated fix time but it is due to the known fire issue and Channel 4 are unable to provide us with any new VOD content at the moment. We're sorry about this and thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Lisa

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks Lisa - I did wonder if this was due to the Red Bee issues and am not surprised. But thanks for confirming.

@Jackiisfab  - C4 have had issues with their broadcast playout for a couple of weeks now. Quite well documented online, but it's had a few knock-on effects. Music channels have been simulcasted & subtitles have been broken on several channels. It seems VoD is another knock-on issue.

It's perhaps a good reminder that recording your programmes will always be better than relying on VoD and/or streaming services, given the opportunity.

On the plus-side, they do appear to be on the road to recovery... https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/c4-regions-begin-restoration 

Amazing.

Thank you so much for you help and swift reply.

I shall take heed of your advice to tape future programmes.

Cheers again! 🙂