cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Magic Remote V6 Pairing SUCCESS!

RS87
On our wavelength

Just a notice to say that you can successfully control your V6 box with your LG Magic Remote (at least with my model TV that is).

I have just bought an LG OLED55CX and you can pair the controller from the LG Home Dashboard under the Universal Control Settings. 

It actually does it all for you once you turn the box on for the first time but you can edit it if it doesn’t correctly detect and you can also search for any set top box.

Hope this helps some.

26 REPLIES 26

RS87
On our wavelength
By the sounds of the other forum, you should try again.

Also, try unplugging your TV for a few seconds and then retry with ZIGGO.

Another way you can get to the Universal Remote settings is via the Home screen. When the HDMI window/tile is showing your VM screen, there's a little ying-yang style icon there. Tap that and it'll load the UR settings.

Hope you get it working.

Anyone able to get it working with Virgin 360 and OLED C1. Nothing seems to be working (still) for me!

Hi yorkie1990, thanks for the message. Please see the following video here to assist in the set up of the remote. ^Chris

Guvnor1612
On our wavelength

hi recently purchased LG OLED48C14LB , but cannot get the magic remote to control my v6 box. 

Even got lg support to take control remotely and still no success. Deleted and reset-up the connection, followed instructions etc 

Any ideas anyone? Any settings on v6 box that might be an issue ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, is bluetooth something that needs to factored in? assuming not !

cheers 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Guvnor1612,

Welcome to the community!

From reviewing our service there's no apparent reason for the remote not to work with our V6 box.

Have you checked the helpful video that @tag1000 placed in on the 1st page of the forum?

Thanks,

Kain

I had a problem with getting the LG Magic Remote (LG C1 TV) working with a Tivo V6 neither the default Virgin box or Ziggo method worked but when I manually input Tivo into the search box, and had o keep trying the candidate number until it was around the high 40's(Also i am sure you would know this but your V6 needs to be in line with the remote in order to pick up the inputs from the remote then it magically worked for me!

Hope this helps you!

If you mean, watch virgin channels without using a virgin box, the answer is no.