cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Magic Remote V6 Pairing SUCCESS!

RS87
On our wavelength

Just a notice to say that you can successfully control your V6 box with your LG Magic Remote (at least with my model TV that is).

I have just bought an LG OLED55CX and you can pair the controller from the LG Home Dashboard under the Universal Control Settings. 

It actually does it all for you once you turn the box on for the first time but you can edit it if it doesn’t correctly detect and you can also search for any set top box.

Hope this helps some.

26 REPLIES 26

Hi all,

I recently got a new LG OLED65G16LA and I can't get the magic remote to work with the (also new) Virgin Media V6 box.

Universal Control says everything is automatically configured and working (it automatically recognises the V6 box), but no Magic Remote signals are recognised by the V6 box.

I have tried clearing UC settings for the V6 box and doing a manual setup, clicking "no, it diddn;t work" when no input is recognised and cycling through each code, but none work.

Any ideas?

RS87
On our wavelength

Do you have the new virgin 360 software on the V6 box? If so, it doesn't work. Everything worked well on the V6 until the 360 upgrade.

Lovely new system and interface, albeit a heft of features still missing, however the magic remote pairing is sadly one of them features that has been lost.

Yup - that'll be it!

Thanks for clarifying.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi SGofRDG,

If you are now running the TV360 software try the following on your LG TV

Settings > All Settings > Connection  > Device Connection Settings > Universal Control Settings >

Either search for Virgin Media or  Ziggo Mediabox Next - it may take a few goes to pick up the 360 and not all remote options will be available

Also check the following thread for other members using the 360-and-LG-magic-remote/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Would I be right in saying that if you have a recent LG tv with a Magic remote and Virgin broadband, you don’t actually need to use a set top box, ie Tivo, V6?

RS87
On our wavelength

Yep, Ziggo worked for me. Nice one newapollo. 

It does most things. You have to get the menu and the guide via the 3 dots button but other than that, all other important features can be done via the remote. Play doesn't work but pause will unpause so that's no probs at all.

Hopefully I can get back to being a one remote front room again!

RS87
On our wavelength

No, unfortunately not. The V6 box is still connected and turned on, it's just the magic remote can do the digital 'talking' via the TV to the V6 box.

Thanks for your help Dave,

I tried this but sadly, still no joy.

NB: the menu UI on my TV is a little different to the workflow you set out, so I wonder whether this issue is related to the latest version of WebOS on the G1 series?

My UI workflow is: Settings - All Settings - General - Devices - External Devices - Universal Control Settings

When I search for other set top boxes, the only results I get are "Virgin (South)" and "Ziggo". There's no other results e.g. Virgin Media 360, Ziggo Mediabox etc. and I've tried several search terms.

Sadly, neither option works, even after cycling through the different codes 😞

Are you saying that I can watch my subscribed VM TV channels directly from the TV? If so, I'd love to know how.

RS87
On our wavelength
As long as you have your V6 connected to your TV (or amp that's connected to TV as is my case) you can certainly watch VM channels via your TV and use the magic remote to control it. It appears not all LG TV's can control it though, depends what model you have.